Happy Timezones, friends! Today, I am proud to accept The Sunshine Blogger Award. I received nominations from Jacey K. Dew,
Before I get started, I’d like to mention each of these lovely blogs…
Here is a synopsis of “Dezirah,” taken from her site: “A millennium and a half ago, supernatural beings signed a treaty to disappear. The general public was told they were wiped out, and over time their existence became stories, myths, legends, fairy tale, fable, and movie plot. New generations and some nostalgic individuals decide to take back their place in society. They will chant Dezirah as they revolt against the humans. Supernatural beings throw the world into World War III like no one imagines. A supernatural revolution now threatens life as humans know it. The plight to survive in a world ravaged by a supernatural war. Follow three souls as they traverse the new world.”
The Story of Brooklyn Maddox,” and “The Castle Maiden.” These are great Simlit stories! “The Story of Brooklyn Maddox” began as a rags to riches story and stars Brook who is strong and beautiful. She has overcome a lot in her life… and, well, you’ll just have to read to find out how it goes. “The Castle Maiden” is a bit of a fairy tale in which the King and Queen find out something very disturbing about their only child. There is court intrigue as well as an enchanting mystery that is only now unfolding.
BEAUTY OF WRITING” which is abundantly full of just that – beautiful writing! Shreya is an inspiration, always seeing the beauty in simple things. No matter what kind of day I’m having or what I’m going through, I find joy when I read her posts. I really encourage you to stop by her blog, read and say hi. She is a wonderful person.
Okay, onto the award…
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Tell me a little about yourself in a single paragraph. I’m a mom, wife and registered nurse. In the past, I’ve been a strong advocate for human rights and animal rights.
- What would you love to be doing five years from now? I would like to still be writing my blog and perhaps publish another book or two. We’ll see. lol
- What have you learned since starting your blogging experience? I’ve learned how many like-minded people there are out there! I so love this community and am so happy and proud to be a part of it.
- How long have you been blogging, and what made you start? I began blogging in September of 2014 because that’s when I found Simlit. I decided to start my own Simlit story.
- What does your blogging environment look like (office, living room, deck, deep in the middle of a dark forest)? I blog on my laptop, on a laptop table in my living room. It’s just the most comfortable place for me right now. My area is very neat and I don’t have a lot of clutter around to distract me.
- What do you do for fun? I do my nails. lol And paint. Hmmm… I work in my art journal and dance in my living room. lol
- Where is your favourite place you ever been/travelled to and why? My all-time favorite was Roatán, Honduras. It’s beyond beautiful, the weather is that perfect temperature… it’s just lovely.
- Do you have a weird nickname and what is the story behind it? Oh dear. Here we go. My nickname is “Meatball.” I know, right? My daughter started calling me that when I went Vegan years ago and there you have it. 😛 Close friends and family generally just call me “Kimmy.”
- Would you describe yourself as more hunter or gatherer and why? I’m definitely a gatherer. In fact, if I lived in the right area, I would probably be more of a Freegan. LOL
- Who has been your favourite teacher? Doesn’t have to be an actual certified teacher. My parents and grandparents. I am who I am because of how wonderful they are/were.
- What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream? Moose Tracks, all the way!
- What is your favorite thing to do in the sims? Why? (ie: Build, stories, challenges…) My favorite thing to do is create sims and play them. I am not a good builder, at all.
- How do you feel about custom content and mods? Why? I cannot play without my mods and CC. For me, the mods fix annoying things in the game, like getting rid of sleep z’s, or fixing the lighting or camera. If I couldn’t have them, I probably wouldn’t play. lol
- What got you into playing the sims and when? I began playing at my son’s suggestion. I was really board after a hospital stay and he thought it would be fun for me. He was right!
- Is there anything in real life you have an obsession with that you have to put into all your sims games? (ie: shoes, clutter, flowers…) I like their houses and surroundings to look as real as possible, so I do add some clutter or little touches to try to achieve that.
- When writing stories, what is the hardest part for you and why? The hardest part for me is staying on schedule. I limit myself to 30 chapters/generation because when I began, I thought that sounded like a lot. It really isn’t, though.
- What is your gender in real life and which do you prefer to play in game? I’m female and I like playing either male or female in game.
- How about ages? What ages do you gravitate to? I always start a new game with a young adult, but I like to play them through elder until our friend grimmie arrives.
- I have a hard time continuing more than 2nd/3rd generation. How far have you gotten? Any tips? I’m just about to begin Generation 5 now and this is the furthest I’ve ever played with one family. I don’t really have any tips, I just can’t wait to see the next gen because, to me, it’s exciting.
- When getting settled in to play the sims, what are your must haves? (ie: coffee, snacks, tv…) I like to have iced tea or ice water while I’m playing. Good music, too.
- In sims 4 we do not have seasons, but do you still play as if there was? No, not really. It will be fun when/if they add seasons to 4.
- Outfits. I usually one have 1 outfit per category. How many do you have? I mostly play Sims 3 and have three outfits for every category. That’s so I don’t have to constantly go to CAS to change their outfits when I begin a new scene. Once they’ve gone through the outfits, I send them in and get them three new ones per category.
ANY PET STORY OF YOURS? My cat Cesare lets me dress him in bow ties and stuff. It is hilarious. He always looks like he’s on his way to the office.
- YOUR DEEPEST DESIRE? To live a happy and peaceful life.
- ANY BRAND YOU SWEAR BY? In nail polish? Why yes, I’m glad you asked. 😀 I buy most of my polishes from Live, Love, Polish and Madame Glam. I swear by the brands because they are artisan made and do not test on animals. I get my monomer, acrylics and other goodies at Nail Coutre.
- YOUR COMFY FOOD? Mashed Potatoes
- YOUR DREAM DESTINATION? Road Trip!! 😀 Let’s go!
- YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH? Okay, this is weird, but I don’t have one. lol If I could go back in time, I guess I would say, Gene Kelly.
- ANY 3:00 A.M. FRIEND? Yep. I have a couple people I could call at 3 a.m. and I hope they know they could also call me.
- IF SANTA CLAUS BRINGS A GIFT AS PER YOUR WISH, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I’m always up for some new, funky looking socks!
- ONE ATTIRE YOU CAN WEAR FOREVER? Jeans
- THINGS YOU CAN’T GO OUT WITHOUT? My family (which includes my furry friends).
- ONE WORD THAT DESCRIBES YOU BEST? Meatball? Just kidding. 😛 Probably silly.
Well, here’s the thing… I don’t know who to nominate because I think this one has made some rounds. But, if you haven’t gotten this award and would like to try it, please do and pick any of the great questions above!
FYI: Voting for the Generation 5 heir ends tonight at 11:59 p.m.! Thank you so much for participating!