To my immense delight, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Kerry E.B. Black at Allusionary Assembly. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you absolutely should. Her writing is amazing! Thank you so much, Kerry!
The rules are as follows:
–Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
Here are Kerry’s 11 questions:
How much time a day do you spend writing? It varies from day to day. Sometimes I write only a half hour when other days, I take up to three hours or so.
What are your greatest influences? This is a difficult question because there are so many. But I would say the greatest influences have been the many subjects I’ve researched and the books I’ve read.
What is your favorite color and why? I’m really attracted to the warmth of Autumn colors like golds, greens, oranges, reds and browns. When I’m surrounded by those colors, I feel comfy.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you visit? Live? I like where I live now, in Michigan. We have a house atop a small hill on roughly two wooded acres and in the Spring, when the windows are all open, the breeze is amazing. 🙂 There are wild turkeys here, deer – all kinds of wild life and then, there are the neighbor’s chickens who roam freely. 🙂
Plan a dinner party with anyone, living or dead. Who highlights your guest list? Well, this is going to seem macabre but I would definitely invite Lizzie and Emma Borden. I really, really, really want to know who killed their parents and if Lizzie wouldn’t tell me, and if Emma knew who it was, I think Emma might finally crack. 😀
What’s your favorite scent and why? My favorite scent is Sand and Sable. I’ve just always loved it and it’s the scent my children associate me with.
What size is your family? Do you have many siblings? I grew up in a family of five and I was the middle of three girls. We all had the same initials and our mother would call us all by the wrong names. lol As for my family now, I live with my husband and two children, a boy and a girl.
What is your preferred mode of transportation? My bike. 🙂
Do you have a cause you’d fight and go to jail for? I have different causes I have fought for, but have never been arrested or spent time in jail. To list a few: domestic violence, elder abuse, child abuse and many animal causes/shelters, animal testing, and the closest to my heart, the dolphins of Taiji, Japan….
Ever think of running for political office? Nooooooooo.
What is your favorite social media platform and why? I use social media every day, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. lol
My 11 Nominees:
Your Questions to Answer:
- If you had to be named after a city, state, country, etc., which one would you want it to be?
- Do you have anyone you go to for advice? Online or in person?
- What is your perfect pizza?
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- What is the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
- What was your favorite toy as a kid?
- What is the last thing you bought?
- Have you ever heard of Euchre, Dutch Blitz or Farkle and do you know how to play?
- How old were you when you last went trick or treating?
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or to the future and why?