The Versatile Blogger Award

Happy Timezones! I was nominated for this award by Shreya Sukrity from “Beauty of Writing.” Her blog truly lives up to its name! Her posts are uplifting, inspirational and interesting. I’m so glad to have found her blog and I hope you will give it a follow and enjoy it, too.

Thank you so much for the award, Shreya!

The rules for accepting this award are simple:

• Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
  • Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award. That’s a lot of bloggers when you’re a newbie. I won’t be offended if you choose not to “do anything with it.”

Facts About Me:

1) I do my own nails, sometimes in acrylic, sometimes in gel. I really enjoy doing them.

2) I wish I could buy the house my grandparents owned. I stayed there a lot as a child and have very fond memories. Alas, it isn’t for sale, but I check to see if it’s listed a lot. My great-grandparents built the house next door to it. 🙂

3) I have lived in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois. Michigan is my favorite and I especially love “Michiana” which is what we call the area near the Indiana border.

4) I have traveled to 48 of the 50 states in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Grand Cayman, and Belize. I would like to go to Europe.

5) I love Dr. Pepper but I think it’s time “the Dr.” and I broke up. 😛 Pop is not good for you. (We call it “pop” here. lol)

6) I keep an art journal which is where I also first wrote my poems.

7) I want to be a better writer.

My Nominees:

Twinsimskeletons
New Beginnings
lisabeesims
Pst! Welcome to my world

2018-06-15T12:33:03+00:00

1. loladiamond01 April 4, 2018 at 10:31 am - Reply

Congratulations on the award! Wow, you’ve traveled nearly through your whole country! And don’t be hard on yourself as for 7, there’s always room for improvement, but you’re already an excellent writer ♥ Thank you so much for the nomination. I will have to think of something interesting, I don’t think anyone would be surprised if I said I love Marina, LOL.

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 10:35 am - Reply

Thank you so much, Jowita. 🙂 Yes, the only places in the U.S. i haven’t been are Alaska and Hawaii. I would really like to go to both states, though. Thank you for your encouragement on 7. I always feel like I should do better. lol

I think this is an excellent opportunity to talk about Marina! 😀 <3

• ReaganL April 4, 2018 at 7:18 pm - Reply

Congratulations you more than deserve it!

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 7:44 pm - Reply

So do you! 😀 Reign: a Game of Power is one of my favorite stories, so congratulations to you. <3 <3

2. NotJustaBook April 4, 2018 at 11:04 am - Reply

Thank you very much for thinking of me for this, Rosemary – it means a lot. It’s so cool that you’ve been to nearly all states – I can’t even say I’ve been to all the biggest cities in Denmark, which is a fairly small country, lol 😛 And I agree with Jowita – you’re an excellent writer. That said, I think wanting to improve is a noble goal. Improvement is always possible and something one should strive for, I think 🙂

I’ll have to think up some good facts. I always have these kind of odd facts on hand when I *haven’t* been tagged, but right now I’m a wee bit blank. Ha, ha 😀

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Thank you, Louise 🙂 You’re so kind and encouraging. I do – I strive. haha

Isn’t that how it always is? I’m the same way in that I read others’ facts, etc. and I can easily think of what I would list… until I actually have to do it. lol Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing yours. 🙂

3. […] Kymber was kind enough to nominate me for The Versatile Blogger Award […]

4. Simsophonique April 4, 2018 at 12:07 pm - Reply

I heard soda in English can be called pop (maybe because it’s fizzy and when you open the can it’s pssssh)
    I never been abroad I can’t I don’t have passport and it’s always good to get to know your own country before others. Not because of being narrow-minded but we tend to get to know others more than our home. It’s important to get to know where are you come from.

In which countries do you want to visit in Europe ? I am curious ^^.

and no worries compared to me you are a good writer already !

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Thank you so much 🙂 I think it’s good to know your own country, too. I’m one of those people who wants to eventually go everywhere. lol

I want to visit all of them. LOL France is definitely on the list. <3

On the subject of pop, in the U.S. it's very regional as to what you call it. We call it pop, others, sodapop, soda, cola, etc. 😀

• Simsophonique April 5, 2018 at 6:25 am - Reply

haha in French it’s soda and nothing else. Cola can be used for subsidiary brand or coca-cola like or for tasting for candies. Disgusting !

I wish to travel more but that’s expensive even to go to other cities or villages in your own country you have to pay an heavy price if you want to stay a week and the lack of meaning of transport is horrible if you don’t own a car.

• RosemaryMarie April 6, 2018 at 8:25 am - Reply

Ah, yes, soda! 😀

That’s the big drawback, I think, that prevents a lot of people traveling. It can cost a small fortune to go anywhere.

• Simsophonique April 7, 2018 at 9:42 am

It is ! just because it’s still for priviledge people and we have to pay people who works for Tourism.

5. dtills April 4, 2018 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Congrats on your award!! Well deserved💕

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 2:14 pm - Reply

Thank you very much. 🙂

6. sempreviva April 4, 2018 at 4:24 pm - Reply

Congratulations on your award! 😀
    It’s really impressive that you’ve travelled to almost all states, and I wish you’ll travel to Europe soon! I have to agree with everyone, you’re a brilliant writer (but constantly wanting to improve is very understandable as well)! <3

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Thank you so much 🙂 You’re so very kind. I hope I’ll get to Europe soon, too. 🙂

7. bmitjessesue April 4, 2018 at 4:35 pm - Reply

Thank you for the nomination! Congratulations on this award! I knew all that about you…must bug you for new facts! How lucky of you to have traveled so far, and I hope you get to Europe soon.

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 4:38 pm - Reply

You’re welcome, Bee! And thank you. 🙂 I don’t know if I have any other facts. LOLOL

• bmitjessesue April 4, 2018 at 10:28 pm - Reply

Then I will drag them out of you!

• RosemaryMarie April 6, 2018 at 8:19 am - Reply

You’re very good at that 😀

8. amyqueen April 4, 2018 at 5:06 pm - Reply

Congrats on the award! 🙂 It’s amazing that you’ve been to nearly all the states, haha I’ve barely gone to four. Did you have a reason to go to each one, or was it just for the sake of crossing them off of your list? I love doing my own nails as well, there’s just something so satisfying having them painted and designed on my own 🙂 Thanks for tagging me!

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 5:19 pm - Reply

You are so welcome, Amy! And, thank you. 😀 When I graduated from high school, I joined a band and we toured for about 11 months, hitting a lot of the states then. And the rest, well, it just happened over time. 😀 I still have to get to Alaska and Hawaii! 😀

I agree about doing your nails. I love having a new, fresh set and having done it with tools that I know are clean. lol 😀

9. […] It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted a non-story related post. I was tagged by the lovely Kymber of Booomcha, for this blogging award. I’ve probably mentioned this several times before, but Kym is […]

10. Lila Remonn April 4, 2018 at 7:27 pm - Reply

Congratulations and thank you for the nomination!
    That’s incredible you’ve been to almost all the states, the U.S sounds huge 😮 I would love to visit one day, though once the political mess etc. has hopefully died down. And same for Europe, there’s so many different and beautiful countries!
    Agreeing with the others, you are an awesome writer already, but improvement is definitely a good thing to aim for! Most of the time in my legacy I’m just thinking of how I can improve everything 🤣

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 7:46 pm - Reply

Thank you, Lila, and you’re welcome. 🙂 The U.S. is pretty big, true. lol Even though I’ve been to all of those states, I’ve still missed so much because there is only so much time on vacation to see things. Oh, I believe that about Europe. I really, really want to go!

LOL @ improving everything. That’s definitely how I feel. But The Kingston Legacy is on point, let me tell you. 🙂

• Lila Remonn April 4, 2018 at 7:49 pm - Reply

Aww thank you haha 😊

• RosemaryMarie April 7, 2018 at 9:38 pm - Reply

🙂 <3

11. Rosie April 4, 2018 at 9:09 pm - Reply

How do you manage to paint your prominent hand without yelling!? Always my problem with that, ha ha. Anyway, thank you for the nomination!

• RosemaryMarie April 4, 2018 at 9:38 pm - Reply

LOL Let’s just say, if someone wants to see my nails, I always show them my better-done hand. 😛 Truth is, I’m left-handed but when you live in a right-handed world and you’re not right-handed, you learn to compensate. 😀

Congratulations! 😀

12. SimmeraldOtter April 4, 2018 at 11:34 pm - Reply

Congratulations on your award ❤️ And wowzas, 48 out of 50 states?! That’s amazing! Haha, the country I live in is so so so much smaller than USA, but I haven’t even travelled to a quarter of the regions!

• RosemaryMarie April 6, 2018 at 8:23 am - Reply

Thank you so much <3 lol There are so many states I would like to return to because there is always so much more to see. Perhaps someday I'll have the chance. :D

13. freja64 April 5, 2018 at 6:17 am - Reply

Congrats to yet another award! Your wall is impressive! 🙂 48 out 50 states??? USA is huge, so that’s an accomplishement you can be proud of! I’ve been around the world, but I haven’t been to all regions in my birthcountry (Sweden) nor in my adoptive country (France). Sometimes the best is just around the corner…

• RosemaryMarie April 6, 2018 at 8:24 am - Reply

Thank you so much! <3 You're right about that, the USA is massive. :D You've been around the world? How exciting is that? I am awed!

14. […] want to thank Rosemary and Bee for nominating me, then I want to congratulate Rosemary for the fact she got it in the […]

15. […] want to thank Rosemary and Bee for nominating me, then I want to congratulate Rosemary for the fact she got it in the […]

16. Dracul Van Helsing April 6, 2018 at 4:57 pm - Reply

Thanks for the nomination.

• RosemaryMarie April 7, 2018 at 9:09 am - Reply

You’re welcome. I really love your stories.

17. heatherfeather19 April 6, 2018 at 11:50 pm - Reply

I’ve been really into nails lately, it’s so cool you do your own. I recently bought a gel lamp because I like to paint my own nails and it’s cheaper than a salon.

I live in the southern US and we call it soda down here. 🙂 Funny the cultural differences in language, even within the same country.

• RosemaryMarie April 7, 2018 at 9:14 am - Reply

Nails can be so much fun! My daughter and I have been discussing launching our own nail polish brand for some time now. I don’t know if we will, but I think I would really like that. My favorite polishes are the indy brands because they usually have fewer chemicals in them and aren’t tested on animals. 😀

I love the southern US. I agree about the cultural differences. In fact, I didn’t think much about them before a friend of mine who is Irish told me that upon visiting the US, he felt as if each state he went to was its own little country. That’s how distinctive he thought they were from one another. Isn’t that wild?

18. Jes2G April 13, 2018 at 10:38 am - Reply

*gasp* Oh! I wasn’t expecting to see my name up there lol. Thanks, and congrats to you!

• Kymber April 13, 2018 at 11:52 am - Reply

You are so welcome! Of course, you are up there. 😀

19. raymondsanti April 13, 2018 at 11:10 am - Reply

Thank you so much for this nomination! So sorry it took me so long to get around to it. It was nice to learn some things about you 🙂 You’ve been to so many places!

• Kymber April 13, 2018 at 12:01 pm - Reply

You’re so welcome! 🙂 Don’t worry about the time it took because I’m late on just about everything! hahaha 😀

20. […] want to thank Rosemary and Bee for nominating me, then I want to congratulate Rosemary for the fact she got it in the […]