Metamorphosis

She trusted herself before
She had a tranquil soul
That was once upon a time
That was long ago

She carries now her story
She holds it very bravely
A renewabeforeandafterl of the mind
Is what she craves so greatly

With family surrounding her
Each and every day
She rediscovers the beauty
She lost along the way

The adventure is not over
There are pages left to write
She will not look behind her
The past is out of sight

©2016 booomcha.com
Kymber Hawke

2018-06-15T12:23:53+00:00

No Comments

1. Courtney Borror June 1, 2016 at 10:13 am - Reply

Beautiful, bestie.

2. Judith June 1, 2016 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Very touching.

3. Jowita June 1, 2016 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Beautiful poem. When I read about the family I thought about Memphis and why wouldn’t beauty be the little Jilly? She just can think about her on and on and discover new things. That’s probably only my complicated adaption. Anyways, very well written.

• RosemaryMarie June 2, 2016 at 7:42 am - Reply

Thank you, Jowita! I like your thoughts on the poem relating to the Capra family. 🙂

4. Lila Remonn June 1, 2016 at 3:51 pm - Reply

Lovely poem!

5. Marjorie Watts June 1, 2016 at 4:06 pm - Reply

I would say you have a poetic soul, and the ability to express it with beauty. Lovely poem!! ♥

6. lisabeesims June 1, 2016 at 4:42 pm - Reply

Very pretty

7. Michele June 1, 2016 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I like the rhythm and meter of this poem. The subject offers food for thought! Thank you for sharing it!

8. adwilson1991 June 2, 2016 at 6:00 am - Reply

Lovely! Definitely one that can carry a multitude of meanings… have read it twice now and each passing brought a different thought into my mind. I think I might print and hang it up on the wall by my computer since these thoughts are obviously things I should ponder upon 🙂
    Thank YOU for sharing!

• RosemaryMarie June 2, 2016 at 7:45 am - Reply

Addy, thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad you liked it. 🙂

9. chealsycat June 2, 2016 at 7:23 am - Reply

Marvellous! It sounds like an awesome song. <3

• RosemaryMarie June 2, 2016 at 7:47 am - Reply

I hadn’t thought of it as a song lyric; that’s an interesting idea! Thank you so much for your kind words. 🙂

10. socallucyfan July 13, 2016 at 10:32 pm - Reply

What a beautiful poem. I can see it as something Memphis would write.