The Sunshine Blogger Award

15164772696008631 (4)

I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jerri Perri and so I would like to thank him for bringing sunshine to my day!

Not long ago, Jerri graciously agreed to be interviewed (you can find that HERE). His writing has inspired me and made me think more deeply about things than I did before.

I hope you will take the time, if you haven’t already, to check his blog out as he is one of my favorite writers.

What is it? The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.

The Rules:
In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.

Jerri’s Questions to Me:
1. What is your pet(nick) name and how did you come about it? My daughter calls me “Meatball” because I’m vegan. She thinks it’s funny and I have to admit, it does make me laugh. 😀 <3
2. When is your happiest moment? My happiest moment is when my family are all home and we’re chatting, playing games or eating together.
3. When was your first date and how did you act? My first date was when I was about 15 and a boy took me to the school dance. I was pretty nervous and quiet. It was so awkward. lol
4. Have you ever experienced heartbreak? If yes, describe how you felt. I have experienced many heartbreaks in my life. The most horrible was so devastating, I would rather not go into it but someone I trusted with all my heart betrayed me in the worst way you can imagine. It felt unbelievable as I hadn’t realized how cruel this person could really be.
5. How many times will you want to fall in love? Why? I don’t know if there is a set amount of times, but I am married to my soulmate, one of my oldest friends and I love him dearly. I cannot imagine loving another.
6. Will you want to get married? Why? I’m married now and it is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. He is quick to love and slow to anger. He’s a terrific man who treats me well and he’s a really good father, too.
7. What is your highest ambition? Hmmm… I’m between ambitions right now. LOL Just kidding. I would really like to continue to improve my writing and create the best possible stories I can.
8. Describe in 5-10 lines the experience of your first holiday without parents or siblings. My first holiday without my parents or siblings was over Thanksgiving one year. I went to Florida (Anna Maria Island on the gulf coast). I was 19 or 20 and it was an amazing time of reflection with beaches as far as the eye could see. It was my first time seeing the ocean and I couldn’t believe how crystal clear and blue it was. One morning, as I took a walk, I was amazed at all the jellyfish that were washed ashore. It was an incredible experience.
elaine-dancing-gif-19. Do you like dancing? Why? I love to dance but sadly, am not good at it as I’m a very clumsy person. LOL Even so, there is just something really freeing about letting yourself go and being in the moment.
10. Are you proud of the person you are, or would you rather be another? I’m very proud of the person I am. I was once lost as I tried to bend to the will of another until I was no longer myself. Once out of that situation, I gained independence and came back into my own.
11. Do you have any regrets? If yes what are they? If no, how did you do it? I don’t have any regrets. Everything that has happened to me has made me the person I am now. It also makes me a better writer. There is nothing can be done about the past except to learn from it.

My Nominees* (check these awesome blogs out!):
(*I chose to nominate the first 11 blogs in my reader)
Sreepriya Menon
Rainy Dayz Games
New Beginnings
The Antone Legacy
Emma Cownie Artist
Livin’ a Simmin’ Life
Hands in the Garden
Gravity
Cathy Tea’s SimLit Anthology
My Name is Jamie. My Life in Prison
Multiplying Murdles

My Questions for Nominees to Answer:
1. When did you mess everything up, but no one ever found out it was you?
2. If you had a boat, what would you name it?
3. What fictional character would be really boring to meet in real life?
4. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
5. What job would you be terrible at?
6. What skill would you like to master?
7. What do you wish you knew more about?
8. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
9. What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
10. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
11. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?

Once again, all my thanks to Jerri for this lovely award!

Updated January 4, 2018: I was also nominated by Lila Remonn! Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award! Lila writes The Kingston Legacy and it is ah-maz-ing!

Lila’s Questions:

1. Which of your characters can you relate most to, and why? I don’t have a specific character that I relate more to than the others as there is a little bit of me in each one I’ve created. And then I also have characters (like Keniesha) that I wish I was more like.
  2. How often do you work on your story? I write nearly every day. If I’m not in game getting pics and playing or writing a chapter, I’m keeping up my notebooks where I have outlines, story ideas and a few things like that. I also tend to work on my site, tweaking here and there, a lot.
  3. What is your favourite genre of simlit? I like pretty much any genre of SimLit – I just love to read and follow almost every sims blog I see. I think there are some really great stories out there waiting to be discovered.
  4. Is there a personal tip for story writing that you might like to share? I enjoy writing but I wouldn’t presume to be so proficient as to offer advice. What I can say is that the more you write, the better you get. <3
  5. What kind of protagonists do you like the most? My favorite type of protagonist has a backstory that causes them to make decisions (good or bad). No matter what they do, because I understand their backstory, I understand why they may act or react a certain way. I love to love characters! Chances are, I’ll become strongly invested in a story if the protagonist isn’t perfect – if they make mistakes that seem reasonable – mistakes that anyone might make. Flawed characters are the best, in my opinion. No one is perfect. No one is 100% good or bad. I want to feel something when I think of a character.

Thank you so much again, Lila!

Update January 15, 2018: TinyPiglet of The Mendoza ISBI also nominated me! I love this story, so please check it out!

TinyPiglet’s Questions:

1. Do you have a favourite sim couple from your story/challenge? I think my very favorite couple is Blue and Matt. Well, that was before. Now, I think, it’s Xalen and Marty. lol
  2. How long do you spend working on each chapter? That depends on what I’m trying to do. If you take the time from getting pics and game play in to writing and editing a chapter, I’d say it takes several days of work.
  3. What’s your favourite colour? Yellow is my very favorite but I tend to gravitate toward warm, Autumn colors.
  4. What made you start blogging? More like, “who” made me. hahaha It was Bee’s idea!
  5. What is your favourite moment from your story/challenge? I really loved the Mango mystery and how it turned out. It was so hard to wait all that time for the big finish, but I think in the end, it was worth it.
  6. Do you have a character in your story you regret killing off? I think everyone would agree when I say Jilly.
  7. What is the hardest thing about writing? I think the hardest thing about writing is staying in character. I can write the best sentence of dialogue or inner dialogue but if it doesn’t sound like that character, I have to hit delete.

Thank you again so much, TinyPiglet! I loved the responses to your questions – especially the one of that sim that wouldn’t age up! LOLOL

55F606C8ED5C07EED8D53204A1E520C1
    instagram-logo-transparent-background_zps6befc220 Tumblr-3.5-for-iOS-app-icon-small 1468674008_15

2018-06-15T12:33:12+00:00

No Comments

1. cathytea January 31, 2018 at 11:06 am - Reply

Thanks for the nomination ! I love the idea of nominating the first eleven in your reader! I found some new blogs to visit! Thanks!

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 11:07 am - Reply

You are so welcome! I just never know who to nominate because there are so many quality blogs out there. I’m so glad yours came up because it’s definitely one of my favorites! 🙂

2. kishanlakhotia January 31, 2018 at 11:08 am - Reply

Congratulations

3. Marjorie Flo Watts January 31, 2018 at 11:09 am - Reply

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ♥ It is a well-deserved award for a stupendous writer!!

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 11:34 am - Reply

Thanks so much, Marj! <3 You're words are so kind and appreciated.

4. sempreviva January 31, 2018 at 11:24 am - Reply

Congratulations on your award, you definitely desrve it!! <3 I loved your answers (Meatball is such a hilarious nickname)! 😁

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 11:34 am - Reply

Thank you so much, sempreviva! <3 You are so kind.

Yes… Meatball. LOLOLOL 😛

5. loladiamond01 January 31, 2018 at 11:39 am - Reply

I am so glad that you are now the person you want to be and that the heartbreaks you overcame are now over. All my love and congratulations to you <3

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 11:58 am - Reply

Thank you so much, Jowita. <3 You are so right. Sending you love and hugs.

6. Simsophonique January 31, 2018 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Congratulations on your award MeatBall ahaha especially when you’re a veggie good humour from your daughter.
    Life is a quest and everyday we learn to be better than yesterday.

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Thank you so much! <3 Yes, so true about life being a quest! 🙂 As for meatball.. my kids are so funny. 😀

7. amyqueen January 31, 2018 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Congrats! This is fitting as you definitely bring sunshine to the community~
    I definitely agree that there is nothing else the past is good for other than providing us with experiences we can reflect on and learn from <3 It was nice learning more about you! 🙂

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 12:49 pm - Reply

Awww Thanks, Amy! <3 I'm so glad you agree. I'm all for moving forward. 😀

8. socallucyfan January 31, 2018 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Congrats!! This award is well deserved!! 🙂 Since you bring sunshine to my Saturdays.
    I’m sorry to her about your heartbreak, but I am happy that you have a husband that adores you, you adore him in return and have a daughter that loves you!
    Plus, from now on I too will be referring to you as Meatball!

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 11:01 pm - Reply

Thank you so much <3 I'm so glad I can brighten your Saturdays, that really means a lot. We all have heartbreak but I'm so thankful to be where I am now. 🙂 And Meatball? Somehow I knew if I revealed this tidbit, it would be used against me. hahahaha 😛

• socallucyfan February 1, 2018 at 1:55 am - Reply

You are so right, Meatball. You and a few other blogs always seem to brighten my Saturday. Except when you leave your story with a cliffhanger or when you kill off a character. Then I am forced to wait in agony for a whole week to find out what happens next.
        Still, without fail, the first thing I do every Saturday morning is open my reader as I drink my coffee. It reminds me of when I was a kid getting up early for Saturday Morning cartoons!! 🙂

• RosemaryMarie February 1, 2018 at 9:35 am - Reply

Oh my goodness! Those were the days, weren’t they? Whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons? I lived for the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Show. haha

Anyway, I feel the same way about opening my reader on Saturdays. <3

9. Lila Remonn January 31, 2018 at 2:36 pm - Reply

Congratulations! How fitting for the ray of sunshine that you are <3
    Reading this reminded me of how much older and wiser you are than me haha. You've gone through a lot pain, and come out stronger than ever with a wonderful husband and family, as well as contentment for who you are- that is amazing to hear! Me, I'm only getting started in life 😛 I don't think I want a family, but I definitely hope that one day I can reach your level of happiness with myself 🙂

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 10:51 pm - Reply

Thank you so much, Lila. <3 You are so kind. I sincerely wish you the best in all you do and hope your future is filled with blessings and joy. <3

10. freja64 January 31, 2018 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Congrats! A little sunshine is always welcome – especially in January! 😀

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 10:51 pm - Reply

Ain’t that the truth! 😀 Thank you so much <3 🙂

11. Jes2G January 31, 2018 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Congrats! Glad you enjoy dancing. I do not lol. I’m the complete opposite. I find it hard to get to the point where I’m carefree enough to not care how silly I look when dancing LOL.

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 10:53 pm - Reply

LOL Thank you so much <3 I reckon I do look so silly that I might as well throw caution to the wind. I'm kind of a class clown, though. 😛

• Jes2G February 1, 2018 at 9:34 am - Reply

Ah haaa! Yeah, that’s so not me lol. I’d rather be invisible!

• RosemaryMarie February 1, 2018 at 9:36 am - Reply

LOL! I have a feeling my friends would rather I wanted to be invisible when the music starts. 😛

• Jes2G February 1, 2018 at 9:37 am

HAAAA! That’s a good one! 😀

• RosemaryMarie February 1, 2018 at 9:38 am

😀 😀

12. raymondsanti January 31, 2018 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Congratulations!! As always, I loved reading your answers 🙂

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 10:53 pm - Reply

Thank you so much, Raymond. 🙂 I hope you’re having a terrific week!

13. dtills January 31, 2018 at 6:21 pm - Reply

Congratulations! You deserve this, enjoy 🙂

14. bmitjessesue January 31, 2018 at 8:07 pm - Reply

Lovely answers – “quick to love and slow to anger” my favourite part.

• RosemaryMarie January 31, 2018 at 10:54 pm - Reply

Thank you so much, Bee. <3 That's the best way I can describe Mr. Castevet and it's what I need in my life so much. When someone he cares about hurts him, his answer is to love them more. <3

15. Sreejith January 31, 2018 at 10:18 pm - Reply

Lovely! congratulations!

16. heatherfeather19 January 31, 2018 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Ohmigosh, that Elaine dancing gif has me cracking up! xD I love Seinfeld, it holds up after so many years. Congrats on the award. 🙂

• RosemaryMarie February 1, 2018 at 9:31 am - Reply

Thank you so much! 🙂 When I was trying to describe my dancing, Elaine was the first thing I thought of. LOL

17. magpie14031983 February 1, 2018 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Do you mind if I call you Embee? 50 points if you can figure out why I would 😁😁😘😘😉😉

This award couldn’t have gone to a nicer person! You bring sunshine and joy and light to all our lives with your amazing personality and writing, even when the story takes darker turns! You have a gift for the written word that I hope you will continue to share with us for years to come.

I know I’m not a nominee (I hardly ever post lol so I’m not really much of a blogger lol) but, I’d like to answer one of the questions, if I may: I would like to find out the complete and utter unadulterated truth to the question, “What happens to the Soul after the death of the Physical body?”.

My reasons: I know what I believe, and I know there are millions of other beliefs about this question… So… Who is wrong? Is anyone wrong? Is no one wrong? Does the fate of you Soul lie in your beliefs, or do your beliefs lie in the fate of your Soul… And if you can understand what I meant by that last sentence: kudos, you have officially entered the realm of Magspeak lol the language of the Magpie 😉😉😉😉

• RosemaryMarie February 2, 2018 at 5:22 am - Reply

I don’t mind if you call me Embee. And I thought and thought about it but can’t figure it out. 😀 I guess I don’t get 50 points. haha

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. You are so thoughtful.

I’m glad you wanted to answer one of the questions! And what an interesting one you chose. 🙂

And your answer is very cool and thought provoking. <3

• magpie14031983 February 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm - Reply

Lol Embee would come from Meatball 😁 Em = M for Meat and Bee = B for ball lol

• magpie14031983 February 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm - Reply

Oh, and you get 25 points for at least trying lol 😉

• RosemaryMarie February 8, 2018 at 9:48 am

LOL 🙂 Why, thank you very much. 😀

• RosemaryMarie February 8, 2018 at 9:48 am - Reply

Oh, I see now! lol 😀 Awesome!

18. Rosie February 1, 2018 at 5:51 pm - Reply

Thank you for the nomination, and great answers! I too am not a very good dancer. I don’t really know what qualifies as dancing anymore. XD I just do the chicken! LOL

• RosemaryMarie February 2, 2018 at 5:23 am - Reply

You are so welcome! 🙂 Hey! As far as dancing goes, you do you! 😀 <3

19. soulgal7 February 1, 2018 at 6:03 pm - Reply

Congratulations! So happy for you and I loved all your answers to the questions.

20. primeoptimum February 2, 2018 at 3:40 am - Reply

Kudos. You deserve

21. Sunshine Blogger Award – Gravity February 4, 2018 at 1:52 am - Reply

[…] is the second time RosemaryMarie nominated me for something and again, I’m very pleased! Thank you so much for the love and […]

22. Jerry Peri February 12, 2018 at 5:28 pm - Reply

Honest and sweet answers, “meatball!” I was also a veggie for 24yrs!
    Thank you for your kind words!
    You are a dear!
    Sorry for not responding before now. My blog jerriperri.com was suspended due to my inability to renew my premium plan. I have been blogging on one of my free wordpress blogs, celebrityplatform. I had to reach your blog through the celebrityplatform which you also follow! That’s how I got here.

• RosemaryMarie February 12, 2018 at 6:50 pm - Reply

Hi there! I love that you called me meatball. hahaha I’m sorry about your blog; I wondered what happened and I hope you will be able to get it up and running again soon. 🙂 I really like your other blog and I’m glad you found me through there. 😀

• Jerry Peri February 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm - Reply

👍💞thank you dear friend, you are most kind!

23. Dracul Van Helsing February 20, 2018 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Congratulations.

Very well deserved.

24. Wm. Allen February 21, 2018 at 9:52 am - Reply

Congratulations on your award

Privacy & Cookies: Booomcha.com uses cookies to improve your user experience. If you continue browsing, we assume that you consent to our use of cookies. Close & Accept