Dax in Paris (4): A New Perspective

Peering out of the plane’s window, Dax felt a certain amount of anxiety building uncomfortably in his chest. He’d been away from Paris for only three weeks but would Cosette still be there waiting for him?

After Mango healed the various crisscrossing scars across his face, he realized a new life was before him. Now, his dreams had a chance to be fulfilled. All he’d ever wanted was a small studio where he could paint his masterpieces and, hopefully, sell them, too.

Cosette was the first person in the city he’d met. And she was the most important person to him. Looking back now, he understood how he’d not quite appreciated her to the fullest. She wanted marriage and a child. She also wanted to sell his paintings and had the foot in the door he needed in order to display and sell his landscapes.

Back in Winchester, things had gone awry for him. He’d been nervous to take Cosette to the backward community he’d grown up in but she’d insisted on meeting his family which only consisted of two older siblings and their families. He was so concerned about what Cosette would think of him once she saw where he was raised, he nearly pushed her away altogether.

Dax was a mess of feelings when he set foot on the island where his sister Agathe and brother Elliott greeted him with tight hugs and kisses. They welcomed Cosette with open arms and Agathe had even called her charming and beautiful.

During their visit, he’d turned into a completely different person; someone he didn’t know. As if he was watching a movie instead of actually playing a part in the fiascos he caused, he’d managed to alienate Blue and her husband Matt to the point that there was a fistfight.

He lost, of course, There was no way he could ever compete with Matthieu who worked long hours tending to crops and animals. Dax was slender with artistic hands and he’d gotten his butt whooped. Rightly so. It had been Matthieu’s idea that Dax take a vacation alone to sort himself out.

To his surprise, Cosette was in his flat when he arrived. For an awkward moment, they stood statue-still as if it had been three years, not three weeks since he’d left.

When she didn’t speak, he cleared his throat and took the first step.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” he said in French, which was Cosette’s first language.

Dax noted a barely perceptible nod of her head and cringed inwardly. This was going to be a lot harder than he’d imagined.

“I want to apologize to you,” he began, clearing his throat again.

“Yes? For what?”

“On my trip, I had a lot of time to think seriously about where I am in life.”

“And what did you find?”

“I found that … well, I am the reason for my unhappiness.”

He went on to explain to her how he’d never had the chance to mature into a grounded adult because the life he lived in Winchester was not just lonely but also filled with despair. Once his scars were healed, he hadn’t hesitated to come to Paris to pursue his art. He thought he had loved Blue and regretted at first, leaving her behind. Then, he’d met Cosette who had done nothing but improve his life.

“Do you love Blue still?” she quietly asked.

“Not in a romantic way. My feelings were confused because I hadn’t experienced anything like that before.”

“You proposed marriage to me while we were in Winchester. It was as if marrying me was an afterthought once you found out Blue moved on with her life with a husband and who knows how many children.”

“All I can do is tell you how sorry I am for treating you that way, Cosette. I do have things sorted out now.”

“And?”

Dax fought to hold back the tears quickly forming. “And I love you. I was away for three weeks but I never want to know what being without you feels like again.”

Without hesitation, Cosette ran into his arms, holding onto him as tightly as she could. For a moment, they both cried from relief. Dax knew there would be hard times ahead just as there were for everyone, yet if he had this woman by his side, he could withstand anything.

After professing their love to one another, they sealed their promises with a deep kiss.

Dax was finally home, with the woman he adored and the city he loved.

Their marriage was a quiet affair with only a couple of friends to witness. Not long after they were married, Cosette found she was in the family way. The couples’ joy could not have been more complete.

They took long strolls in the park and talked for hours about the new little life they had created and their future as a family.

Dax’s paintings were not flying out the door, still, Cosette was able to sell many of them. With the money they earned, they were able to procure a larger flat with room for their baby. They also began to save money with which one day, they hoped to open their own art gallery.

Finally, little Bastien St. Cyr was born. He was a happy fellow and his parents could not dote on him more.

Never had Cosette appeared more beautiful to him then when she gave birth to their child.

Dax could stare at the both of them for hours on end. He wanted to be a good father – the best father. Cosette assured him he would be all of that and more. Her confidence boosted his self-esteem and he loved her even more for that.

In time, Dax’s paintings were selling even better and they were able to open their own gallery. The best part was, they had a decent sized flat above on the second level.

Young Bastien was growing by leaps and bounds with his second birthday coming up quickly. His parents didn’t much care for babysitters, so whatever they had planned, they took their son with them.

At times, this bothered Cosette because sometimes she needed a break from the little tyke. While this wasn’t any sort of deal breaker for their marriage, she tried desperately at times to make Dax see her side of things.

He was interested in his paintings and how well (or not) they were selling. It took a lot of money to maintain their lifestyle. Now, Cosette seemed unhappy and he knew he had to do whatever he could to please her.

Finally, Dax listened and understood his wife needed time alone without Bastien. He would not have said he completely “got it,” but at least he made an effort.

Their babysitter took a lovely family picture of them before they left for the restaurant.

When Dax looked at the picture later, his heart swelled with love and pride, and tears reached his eyes. He had Blue to thank for rescuing him from his seclusion. But the real thanks belonged to his beautiful little family because they had given him a life worth living away from the darkness of his past.

Author’s Note: Yes! You have just seen a Dax in Paris chapter! Thank you to those who asked about our boy in the survey. ๐Ÿ™‚ย

Also, I have a fan page! Jes2G made Marty as a TS4 sim! Isn’t that cool? If you would like to add to this page, just let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚ย

And thank you as always, for reading and supporting me,

2018-07-24T22:12:51+00:00

1. loladiamond01 June 13, 2018 at 10:33 am - Reply

Yay for a Dax chapter! I’m so glad he is happy and he definitely deserves it after all he’s been through. It is great that he finally realized what (or rather who) was truly important for him. Why is Cosette drinking, though? Doesn’t look too well on the family photo, lol.

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 10:56 am - Reply

Thank you, Jowita. ๐Ÿ˜€ That’s so funny about Cosette. She sure loves the drinks in game, I tell ya’. ๐Ÿ˜› Maybe she’s a raging alcoholic after everything Dax put her through. haha

2. bmitjessesue June 13, 2018 at 10:37 am - Reply

It’s good when you see that moment in someone’s life where they take a turn for the better. Dax had always been about himself, and probably to some degree rightfully so. But to have what he wanted, he had to grow up and out from himself. I’m glad he had that moment. It would have been a shame if he was alone forever.

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 10:58 am - Reply

Thank you, Bee ๐Ÿ™‚ I so agree with you. I think that out of all my characters, he deserved to finally be happy the most.

• bmitjessesue June 13, 2018 at 1:55 pm - Reply

He is definitely a good contender in that score

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 4:29 pm - Reply

He sure is ๐Ÿ™‚

3. cathytea June 13, 2018 at 12:18 pm - Reply

Love this ! I was so happy to see Dax again !

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 1:21 pm - Reply

Thank you, CT! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so happy you enjoyed seeing Dax again.

4. socallucyfan June 13, 2018 at 2:09 pm - Reply

I loved seeing Dax again. I am so happy for him. He deserves all the love snd happiness in the world. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 4:31 pm - Reply

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I couldn’t agree with you more. Out of all my characters, I feel like he deserves happiness the most. <3

5. joliesattic June 13, 2018 at 4:10 pm - Reply

Yea! I’m so glad he listened and gave her a break.

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 4:32 pm - Reply

Thank you, Jolie. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad about that, too. He had a lot of growing to do.

6. hafuhga June 13, 2018 at 4:12 pm - Reply

I loved to see the Dax chapter … but laughed a lot as you wrote Cosette was unhappy … and showed her with a glas! I looked like the next chapter could be very dramatic ๐Ÿ™‚

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 4:32 pm - Reply

LOL Thank you so much, hafuhga. It’s really good to see you. ๐Ÿ˜€

7. lisabeesims June 13, 2018 at 4:49 pm - Reply

<3 <3 glad to see Dax happy <3 <3 and little Bastien is adorbs!

8. Marjorie Flo Watts June 13, 2018 at 5:21 pm - Reply

Good for Dax! It’s nice to see he has a family now, and is a success. I hope the problems the encounter won’t ruin their marriage. Cosette really loves him and I think he would fall apart if his family did, at least until he matures some more. Thank you for the great chapter!! =D

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 5:52 pm - Reply

Thank you, Marj! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad you liked this entry of Dax in Paris. If anyone deserves some happiness, I think it’s Dax.

9. Violincat June 13, 2018 at 7:08 pm - Reply

Matt gave him good advice. This guy did need to sort himself out. And thanks to that, Dax and Cossette now have a lovely family.

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 7:16 pm - Reply

Thank you, Violincat <3 You’re so right about everything. Dax needed to be alone to figure things out.

10. Rosie June 13, 2018 at 8:33 pm - Reply

Dax is still as handsome as ever. I’m guessing that’s truly the end. I’ll have to read his story over sometime since its been a long time. I’m so glad he got a happy ending, though! He deserved it!

• Kymber June 13, 2018 at 8:52 pm - Reply

Thank you, Rosie. ๐Ÿ™‚ Technically, this is the end of his story, however, I kind of want to see what little Bastien becomes and who he favors genetically. So, we just might have a catch up in the future. ๐Ÿ˜€

11. freja64 June 14, 2018 at 5:54 pm - Reply

So nice to see things worked out for Dax without Blue!

• Kymber June 14, 2018 at 6:39 pm - Reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I thought so, too. It’s about time he found some happiness.

12. sempreviva June 15, 2018 at 4:13 am - Reply

Awww I’m so glad Dax and Cosette are finally happy..! <3 It worried me for a bit when I saw her with the glasses, but fortunately it all worked out for them! ๐Ÿ˜„

• Kymber June 15, 2018 at 8:38 am - Reply

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I thought Dax deserved some happiness since he’s had it the worst. <3 It did seem to work out for them quite well.

13. raymondsanti June 16, 2018 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Aww I’m so glad to see a Dax update! He deserves to be happy with Cosette and his son. I wonder if we’ll get to see Bastien ever again? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Kymber June 16, 2018 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ™‚ I had some requests through the survey to have more Dax. LOL And, fortunately, he was acting very nicely. I just can’t take him to Winchester, I guess because he was so out of control. haha

I think we definitely need to see little Bastien again. ๐Ÿ™‚ I didn’t look in CAS to see what he looks like all grown up and I want to know, too. ๐Ÿ˜€

14. audreyfld June 18, 2018 at 12:37 am - Reply

That was nice…loved to see him get with Cosette. And a baby too. They are doing well. I can sorta understand his reluctance to leave Bastien with a sitter when he was alone for so long.

• Kymber June 18, 2018 at 1:40 am - Reply

Thank you so much, Audrey ๐Ÿ™‚ Dax had such a hard time, he deserved to be happy. That’s a good point about the babysitter and how he was alone. I like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

15. heatherfeather19 June 18, 2018 at 10:39 pm - Reply

Dax definitely matured a lot. I like him and Cosette as a couple, and I’m glad he learned to listen to her needs. They grew together and made their own family. <3

• Kymber June 18, 2018 at 11:02 pm - Reply

Thank you, Heather. ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re right about Dax. I guess Matthieu gave him some good advice when he told Dax to take a break from everyone. I am really glad he behaved himself in game, too. LOL I can’t wait to see how Bastien grows up. <3

Hi, my name is Kymber but you may know me by my pseudonym, Rosemary Castevet. I’m an author, simmer, Registered Nurse, Judy Garland devoteeย and horror buff. Did I mention I’m currently owned by Cesare the cat? On top of all of that, I’m a redheaded INFJ who is also a vegan.

Privacy & Cookies: Booomcha.com uses cookies to improve your user experience. If you continue browsing, we assume that you consent to our use of cookies. Close & Accept