Thank you so much, Tookii, for nominating me for this beautiful award! It’s such an honor.
For those of you who don’t know, Tookii’s blog is all about providing a kid’s point of view on fun things to do. I always make sure not to miss an entry because her ideas and experiences are just what she claims… a whole lot of fun!
Update 8/12/16: It turns out I was nominated again! This time by Iomai who writes The Legacy of the Xavier’s! Thank you so much, Iomai! If you didn’t already know, The Legacy of the Xavier’s is a terrific Sims story involving both Sims and dogs. I hope everyone will stop by and read this intensely amazing story.
Update 8/13/16: Much to my delight, I was nominated for this award again by dandylion240 of Bring Me Back to Life! Bring Me Back to Life is an exciting spin off story written to compliment the main blog which is called Not So Ordinary Life. I read both blogs and enjoy them very much! Thank you so much for nominating me!
Update 9/26/16: It is such a great honor to announce that Noble Doubt was nominated again for this award. Many thanks to fluffymao of The Diabolical Legacy! It’s so very nice to be thought of. The Diabolical Legacy is so much fun to read because it is so humorous. I hope you will start reading if you aren’t already.
Here are the answers to the questions asked of me:
- What is your favorite quote? I have many favorite quotes, but this is one I hold especially dear: “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.” ~Mother Teresa
- What is your favorite ‘GET HAPPY’ song? That would be “Boys and Girls Like You and Me” by Judy Garland. It’s so sweet and sentimental, it really makes me happy when I listen to it.
- Which movie gives you ‘THE FEELS’ you like the most? The first movie that springs to my mind is “Ann of Green Gables” but I would say “A Star is Born” (the 1954 Judy Garland version) and “Pride and Prejudice” are close seconds.
- What is your most favorite food to eat by the fire? I like to eat anything by a fire; there’s just something about it.
- What is the best piece of advise you have ever received? My mother has always told me to never borrow trouble. What she means is that I shouldn’t worry about things that haven’t happened yet.
- What do you wish you could tell your 14 year old self? Goodness. I wish I could tell my 14 year old self that I’m just fine the way I am and not to compare myself to others.
- Can you say “Shut Up the Shutters and Sit in the Shop” fast 3 x aloud on your first go? … honestly? haha No. LOL I did try, though, and I get all tongue-tied!
- Pancakes or Waffles? French toast! haha Okay, pancakes.
- Are you happy? Yes, usually. I feel that happiness is a surface emotion. What I’d really like to be is content.
- Why? I’m happy because I have a loving family, good friends, a cat that thinks I’m great, music to listen to and a place to write.
- What are you most grateful for? I am most grateful for all the people who are in my life, know my shortcomings, and love me anyway.
Questions given to me by Iomai:
- So, why do you write? For stress relief or…? While writing does feel therapeutic for me, I mainly write because I almost feel a compulsion to do so. I don’t really know why or how to explain it better.
- I love animals, although currently I only have 1 dog. Do you have any pets? Why yes, I’m running a zoo, actually. 🙂 My furry/feathered friends include: Daisy the black lab, Shamrock the parrot, Marlo and Chili the chinchillas, Fish (you guessed it, the fish) and four cats whose names are Cassie, Cesare, BabySue and Nightshade.
- If you could be a food (like to be eaten or not xD) what food would you be? All I can say is that I’m a peach of a gal. 😀
- Since all of you play the sims, what made you get into it? Who do you have to thank for your addiction if it is one? I didn’t start playing The Sims until 2014 (before TS4 was released). I had never really played video games before then and my son suggested it for me since I told him I wish there was a game where I could be creative.
- Do you have any favorite games? Hmmmm….. besides Sims? I’m not really into any other video games, but I’m a master at Monopoly and Clue. 😀
- You’re on a desert island, who’s on this island with you? Pick 3 only. Oh dear. This is a tough question. If there are only 3 allowed, I would say my husband, my son and my daughter. But they might not like being stranded with their mom. haha
- Hot or cold weather? I prefer hot weather because it gets so cold here.
- If you could meet a character from your stories who would it be? What would you say? I would want to meet Keniesha, hands down. While she isn’t the main character, I think she is the most fun.
- Name one thing you can’t live without. I can’t live without a cold drink near me at all times. I’m weird like that. I love tons of ice.
- Pokemon or Digimon, and in the same catergory, cartoons or anime? Sadly, I have no opinion on this except I guess it would depend on what I’m in the mood for.
- What irks you the most about someone/thing/time? I feel like I’m a pretty straight forward person so I have no time for liars/cheaters or people who play games with other people.
- What’s your favorite color? I don’t have a single favorite color but I do tend to gravitate toward Autumn colors like oranges, yellows and reds.
- Do you like to travel? Yes, I think there is nothing much better than a spontaneous road trip!
- If you could go anywhere, where would it be? I would go to Ireland. I’ve had friends there in the past and I just think I would really enjoy it.
- How long have been playing the sims? I’ve been playing since July 23, 2014.
- What motivated you to start writing? I’ve been writing since I was about 15 years old. I am a voracious reader so writing just became a natural thing for me to do.
- If you could meet anyone in from the past, who would it be? I always thought I’d want to meet Abraham Lincoln or someone like that but when I put serious thought to it, I would really, really want to meet Elizabeth I.
- What’s your favorite song? It definitly depends on my mood and what I list next is going to seem like a weird list. But I have some go to songs… One by U2, That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) by Louis Armstrong, Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland (really, anything by Judy Garland), In My Life by The Beatles…. and sooooo many more I could add to this.
- Day or Night? Night
- Do you plan out every detail of the stories you write or do you just let the story take you to unexpected places? I use both. I have a general idea about how I want the story to go but I also let the game play out and add what really happens in game to my story.
- Do you like to write first or third person? I prefer to write third person, but this blog is in first.
- If you could do anything right now, what would it be? Sleep. haha 😀
- What makes you bored? All I can think of is waiting in lines. That is sooo boring.
- Do you Love the Outdoors or Hate the Outdoors? I love the outdoors.
- Do you think you could survive in the wilderness for a month? Probably not. I would like to think I could but I don’t think that’s possible for me.
- What’s your favorite meal/snack food? How often do you get to eat it? My favorite meal is a sweet potato bowl. I don’t remember where I got the recipe but it is this (and I eat this all the time):1 large sweet potato, skin removed, cut into cubes2 mangoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
Balsamic vinegar to taste
Cook sweet potatoes in microwave. Place sweet potatoes into large serving bowl. Top with mangoes, black beans, avocado, cilantro and drizzle with lime juice and vinegar.
- They finally founded a colony on another planet and they want YOU to name it. You don’t know anything about the colony, the planet, or the people. GO! I hereby name it Uthore because… I don’t know why. 😛
- Speaking of go, Pokemon Go? Thoughts? Looks like fun!
- If you could only have one, which would you pick: trust or love? That is hard because I don’t think you can have love if there is no trust. So, I will pick trust.
- Internet Olympics. What’re the competitions? Gosh, all I can think of is Trolling and I would not watch that. lol
- Share something profound with us. A quote by Stanislaw Jerzy Lec, “No snowflake in the avalanche ever feels responsible.”
- What’s a small fear you have? Spiders. *shivers*
- And since I have no life, what did YOU do this past weekend? I don’t have a life either. I went to a doctor appointment on Saturday morning. Aaaannnnndddd binge watched Downton Abbey since I was sick.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
Well, it of course is an award for bloggers from other bloggers. It is a beautiful way to share all the amazing things other bloggers do and write about. To recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
So, here is the list of rules that came along with my nomination:
Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
Notify the bloggers you included.
Keep the rules in your post.
My nominations in no particular order:
1. Our Different Paths
2. Forever Darkness
4. Stories by Bee
5. The Windsor Legacy
6. Bring Me Back to Life
7. The Sloane Family Legacy
8. Fiore Legacy Challenge
9. The Extraordinary Lives of Us
10. My Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
11. Lil’s Creative Corner
Picking just 11 was nearly impossible because I think all the blogs I follow are amazing! If you weren’t nominated and would like to do this, please consider yourself tagged!
My questions for you:
- What was the last picture you took with your phone?
- If you could have personally witnessed anything in history, what would it be?
- If you could be any age for a month, what age would you choose?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
- Coke, Pepsi or neither?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is on your desk?
Thanks again to Tookii and Iomai for thinking of me, it really means so much!