Chapter 3.18: Dear Diary, My Wedding

by Kymber
63 comments

Dear Diary, I thought today would never get here, yet it came so quickly, it’s as if it’s all been a dream! Matthieu and I decided we would not only have an outdoor wedding, we would have it in the very spot of our first kiss.
I know that much of the time, he seems very serious, but I have found him to be a romantic at heart, kind of like me.
And the day could not have been any more beautiful! The sky was perfectly bright with big, fluffy clouds and the humidity was down just enough that my hair was staying where it should for once.
When I first stepped outside, I became dismayed because my dress appeared almost yellow. But after moving around, I realized it was an illusion the light played through the trees. On the beach, there wouldn’t be any trees, so almost as quickly as I’d begun worrying, I pushed the troublesome thoughts aside.
Taking a deep breath and studying everything around me, I wanted today to form a perfect memory in my mind, since this day would never come again. Every feeling, smell, sight… I wanted it imprinted on my brain so that when I thought about it, it would be as fresh and real to me as when it actually happened.
My family was here but they would be leaving for Storybrook tomorrow because Leonardo’s summer break was over. In fact, my dear father was waiting just at the end of this path that lead to the spot where Matt and I had shared our first kiss.
“Blue,” I heard a timid voice say and my heart leapt into my throat as I whirled around to face her.
“Ruby!” I exclaimed, scarcely able to catch my breath. “You’re here!” Before she could get a word in, I found words pouring out of my mouth as if I had no control at all. “Listen, if you’re here to start world war three, I’ve got enough going on!”
She hesitated, a sadness clouding her pretty dark eyes, her lower lip trembling. “I’m so ashamed.”
As tears rolled down her cheeks, I reached for her arm, touching it gently.
“I’ve been really horrible to you even after you apologized to me. I’m so sorry – can you ever forgive me?”
“Of course. Can you forgive me, too?” It was amazing to me how easily forgiveness came to me now. In the past, I might have held a grudge and even acted upon it. But now, all that mattered to me was that my sister was here for my wedding and we could have a relationship again.
She nodded. “I should have forgiven you right away but I was still so angry! You don’t know what it was like without you being there. All they did was talk about you and how they missed you. And when they found out where you were, I thought for sure, they would let you have it but instead, they seemed to admire you even more! I kept thinking if I’d been the one to run away, it wouldn’t have been the same. Instead, I was the dutiful daughter. I did everything right – took care of my little brother whenever they needed me to, graduated from high school with honors, attended university…. it felt like they didn’t even notice.”
“Ruby, what do you suppose they talk about to me? Ruby this and Ruby that,” I said with a tender smile. “They’re so proud of you. In fact, you’ve run circles around me as far as accomplishments go.”
“Really?”
Smiling wider, I said, “And I’m proud of you, too.”
“I’ve wasted so much time.”
“I have, too,” I admitted. “It did wonders for me – being here, I mean. But there wasn’t a moment when I didn’t miss you. I can’t think of a time when I didn’t want you to be my sister and best friend.”
As tears cascaded down both of our faces, we embraced and it was as if all of the animosity and grief between us melted away, never to return. My greatest wish had come true in that my sister was returned to me.
Feeling the lace of her dress against my bare arms, I noticed what she was wearing for the first time. “Oh! You know what? You’re dressed just like a maid of honor should be!”
She laughed and said, “I even had my hair tamed for the occasion.”
“Your hair is always beautiful.” Then a thought struck me. “How did you manage to get back here right before the ceremony?”
Blushing prettily, she said, “Don’t tell her that I told you, but a few days ago, Alice went to the mainland and called me. She said she got the number from Mom. Anyway, she straightened me out real proper, telling me how much I’d regret blowing off my own sister’s wedding.” Looking down at her feet, she added, “At first, it pissed me off that she would say such a thing to me when she didn’t really know me at all. So, I wasn’t going to come, to be honest. But her words haunted me. I kept wondering if … well, if I missed today, would we ever be able to patch things up? Deep down, I knew it would be a whole lot harder. To top things off, I’ve been so unhappy and I realized it was because I hadn’t let go of any of this.” She sighed as she dabbed at her eyes. “Alice really cares about you, ya’ know.”
Thank you, Alice!
149693919728408 (1)
1213141516171819202122232425262728
149693919728408 (2)

149693919728408

Author’s Note: I’d like to say a special thank you to Bee (Poses by Bee) for making the wonderful wedding poses for me. I think her poses are outstanding and that she really did a spectacular job!

63 comments

Welcome to booomcha.com, the home of Noble Doubt! – Noble Doubt June 10, 2017 - 10:02 am

[…] The Very BeginningΒ | Most Recent Entry […]

bmitjessesue June 10, 2017 - 10:07 am

Poses looked great with Matt and Blue! I’m so glad!
Regrets are a terrible thing, so the fact that Ruby showed up saved a lot of heartache for so many people, not just her and Blue. Takes a very very good friend who knows your heart to step in and give someone a verbal slap effectively.
Lastly, so totally shocked! A swear word…coming from you??? My oh my! LOL

loladiamond01 June 10, 2017 - 10:16 am

Well, in 3.13 Ruby said Blue was full of shit, so all can happen, I believe!
You did a wonderful job, Bee, both you and Kymber, with your poses and her pictures πŸ™‚

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 10:19 am

Oh! haha I forgot about that! πŸ˜€
Thank you, Jowita!

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 10:18 am

Thank you so much for the poses! I think they turned out beautifully! I love how unique they are, too.
You’re right about regrets and how it takes a really good friend to step in at the right moment for that verbal slap. haha
I swore? :O lol Who? Me? πŸ˜€

loladiamond01 June 10, 2017 - 10:09 am

And I think YOU did an outstanding job as it always is with your weddings. I am so, so happy for Ruby and Blue and applause for Alice for having the ability to straighten her out! Oh, just look at Matt and Blue and how happy they are, life seems to be so kind on them.
Congratulations for both you and Bee for such a delightful views for my eyes! πŸ™‚

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 10:21 am

Thank you so much, Jowita! πŸ˜€ Yes, I decided not to use the pics where Blue’s horse kept getting in the wedding arch with her. LOL I don’t know if he’s jealous of Matthieu or thought he could marry Blue or what. LOLOL
If I’d had more time, I would have shown Alice talking to Ruby, but I have to get a move on and get these heirs out there for you all to meet. haha
I love Matt and Blue together and I do think fortune is smiling on them. <3

bmitjessesue June 10, 2017 - 5:28 pm

Thank you!

raymondsanti June 10, 2017 - 10:55 am

Wonderful wedding!! Those poses were beautiful, and Blue and Matt make an adorable couple 😊 I’m so glad Alice got Ruby to realize her mistake and let go of the past. Everything came together so beautifully, well done!

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 1:49 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ I’m really glad that Alice did what she did, too. I think it really turned out to be Blue’s dream day.

bmitjessesue June 10, 2017 - 5:28 pm

Thank you very much!

mckatsims June 10, 2017 - 11:35 am

What a perfect day for the perfect wedding. Congrats to the happy couple! The poses are awesome, too!

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 1:50 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

bmitjessesue June 10, 2017 - 5:29 pm

Thank you so much!

cathytea June 10, 2017 - 12:17 pm

Congratulations ! That was so lovely! I’m really happy Ruby came around! And Bee’s poses are beautiful !

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 1:51 pm

Thank you, Cathy! πŸ™‚ I was so glad about Ruby, too. We’re in for a time jump soon and I didn’t want to leave the Ruby/Blue thing hanging. πŸ˜€

bmitjessesue June 10, 2017 - 5:27 pm

Thank you!

lisabeesims June 10, 2017 - 1:48 pm

Beautiful .. lovely day and cannot wait to see if there is a honeymoon baby coming!

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 1:52 pm

Thank you, Lisa! πŸ™‚ You will find out very, very soon about that! haha πŸ˜€

lisabeesims June 10, 2017 - 4:13 pm

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•

socallucyfan June 10, 2017 - 1:59 pm

Awe, congrats Blue and Matt. Blue and I have something in common; we are both married to a wonderful man named Matt!! <3
I am so happy that Ruby and Blue reconnected. It would have been so hard for the entire family. Way to go Alice!!
And I love how the horse had to take part in the ceremony. It is actually sort of fitting knowing Blue and Matt's history.

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 2:41 pm

Oh my goodness, you’re right! haha I wasn’t thinking of the horse that way, but now that you said it, I realize how true that is! πŸ˜€
I love the name Matt. I think Blue is lucky to have that in common with you.

socallucyfan June 10, 2017 - 11:50 pm

And we all know what is next!! BABIES (it is a legacy after all).
I wonder if Blue will stick with a color theme?

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 10:21 am

Hahaha! That is an excellent question! Or will they follow the French theme going on in Winchester? lol

joliesattic June 10, 2017 - 3:17 pm

Oh good the sisters have made up. Yea!!!!

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 3:57 pm

Thank you, Jolie! I’m glad about that, too. πŸ™‚

lilsapphire June 10, 2017 - 3:39 pm

So glad Ruby finally came to her senses. Way to go Alice. Lovely wedding. HAHAHHAHAHA Love the horse photo bombing the wedding. Guess he didn’t want to miss the action.

RosemaryMarie June 10, 2017 - 3:58 pm

Thank you, Lil. I’m glad Ruby came around, too, thanks to Alice.
That horse! I tell you what, I didn’t even use the worst photobombing pics from him. hahahaha πŸ˜€

audreyfld June 10, 2017 - 5:02 pm

Awww. Such a great wedding. Blue looked so pretty in the dress that Agatha gave her. I am glad she and Ruby made up. And Ruby looks so much like her mother! I didn’t realize it before..oh and the horse! Lmao!

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 10:23 am

Thank you so much, Audrey! πŸ™‚ Ruby does look a lot like Leela, now that you mention it. I’m really glad she and Blue are all right now, too.
Oh that horse! hahahaha What a day! πŸ˜›

Violincat June 10, 2017 - 5:23 pm

Alice is great. Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to settle a family feud, I guess. I’m glad Blue and Ruby patched things up.
And now the couple is official!

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 10:24 am

Thank you, Violincat. You are so right about that. I’m glad it went the way it did and that everything turned out. We’re heading for a time jump in the near future, so I didn’t think it would be good to drag that out.

Lila Remonn June 10, 2017 - 5:47 pm

Awwwwwwwwww that was so cute! Blue looked lovely <3 I'm so, so glad that Ruby finally forgave Blue and apologised for being that rude. It's great to see that their relationship is mended and even stronger now. Good job Alice!
Nice chapter πŸ™‚

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 10:25 am

Thank you so much, Lila. πŸ™‚ I think what Alice did could have easily backfired but I’m really glad we didn’t go down that road. We’re heading for a time jump because we have to figure out an heir and I really didn’t want that hanging over Blue’s head. She will have enough to occupy her mind. haha

fluffymao June 10, 2017 - 6:38 pm

Awww! Such a beautiful wedding! T_T Of course, your weddings are always splendid occasions, but they’re also all very unique. As unique as the couple being married. Though, I must say, Blue & Matt are my favorite thus far! <3 Here's to their health and continued happiness, as well as lots of beautiful children! πŸ˜‰

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 10:27 am

Thank you so much, fluffymao. πŸ™‚ I’m glad you liked the weddings. And thank you for the complement abut my weddings in general. I find them to be stressful occasions, but I’m always glad if they turn out well. πŸ˜€
I think Blue and Matt are my favorites, too. And I can’t wait to catch you up to where I’ve played so far because … well, let’s just say the heir poll might be fun. πŸ˜€

shraddha1993 June 11, 2017 - 12:35 pm

Lovely

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 7:03 pm

shraddha1993 June 11, 2017 - 11:31 pm

Ur welcome

ciane June 11, 2017 - 8:23 pm

I wish Ruby would have come without the phone call from Alice, but I guess something (or someone) needed to be the impetus for the change of heart. Both Blue and Ruby looked great. Next time, remember Resetsim works on horses too. ; )

RosemaryMarie June 11, 2017 - 8:38 pm

Thank you, ciane, so much. πŸ™‚ I agree with what you say about Ruby. It would have been better if she’d had the change of heart without prompting from Alice.
Ah! resetsim on horses!! Why didn’t I think of that? lolol Well, I know now.

mmdrgntobldrgn June 12, 2017 - 10:12 am

Reactions as I read
Yay … wait were’d all of Ruby’s lovely curls go πŸ™
Yay πŸ™‚
Awwwwwwww
(personally I like that the horses, snuck into the wedding πŸ˜‰ )

RosemaryMarie June 12, 2017 - 12:31 pm

Thank you, Mama Dragon! Love your reactions.
Don’t worry, I love Ruby’s curls, too, and forgot to put them back in my game when I shot these pics. So, all is where it should be again and her curls will return. πŸ˜€
Having the horses sneak in like that… well, it was a bother, but awesome, too. haha

twinsimskeletons June 17, 2017 - 1:20 pm

What a lovely reunion between sisters. They both are SO stunning!!
And the wedding pictures were lovely. They told the story perfectly.

RosemaryMarie June 17, 2017 - 1:28 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ I’m really glad you liked it. I have to do a time jump in the near future and I didn’t think dragging out discord between Ruby and Blue would be the right thing to do. Besides, I really like Ruby and want to see her more. haha πŸ˜€

Rosie June 18, 2017 - 2:27 am

I’m so glad that Ruby and Blue reconciled! I haven’t said much about my opinion on that because honestly, I sort of could understand why Ruby was being difficult. If it had been me, I’d have been hard pressed to forgive so easily as well. Although, I probably wouldn’t have felt angry because they were constantly worried about Blue and not her. Come on, Ruby! Anyway, lovely wedding! I’m so excited to see what life has in store for them!

RosemaryMarie June 18, 2017 - 11:58 am

Thank you, Rosie πŸ™‚ I’m really glad they reconciled, too. I think it would have been a huge mistake if Ruby had missed the wedding. Plus I’m going to have a bit of a time jump and I couldn’t see a good reason to drag this out.
Thank you for your thoughts on Ruby. I’m glad you enjoyed the wedding.

dandylion240 July 22, 2017 - 12:03 pm

I’m glad that Ruby came to her senses and had an actual conversation with Blue. Yay for Alice for making it happen. That was the best wedding present Blue could have asked for! The wedding was beautiful.

RosemaryMarie July 22, 2017 - 3:11 pm

Thank you, dandylion. πŸ™‚ I’m really glad, too, about how it turned out. Alice is a real peacemaker. lol

sempreviva August 19, 2017 - 4:36 am

What a beautiful wedding! Blue looked so pretty in that dress and Matt… *swoons* 😍
I’m really happy that Ruby and Blue made up. If Ruby hadn’t showed up there, it would have been really hard to patch things up then, she was right about that. And all is because of Alice, what a wonderful person!
Now it’s time for babies? πŸ˜€

RosemaryMarie August 19, 2017 - 1:09 pm

Yes, baby time! Things move quickly from here on out because you have to meet the kids in order to vote in the heir poll! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
I thought the same thing… that if Ruby and Blue didn’t make up for her wedding, the resentments between them would only get worse.

MM Simmerific August 29, 2017 - 4:05 am

Awwww…. happiness! And finally! Ruby comes around thanks to meddling Alice… The wedding poses are gorgeous!

RosemaryMarie August 29, 2017 - 9:12 pm

Thank you so much! Bee’s poses are sooo good! πŸ˜€ I couldn’t see dragging Ruby’s anger out past the wedding because I thought that their relationship would be way harder to repair if she ignored her sister’s big day.

Jes2G September 6, 2017 - 1:55 am

So glad Ruby came around and got things patched up! I think they may be my favorite couple so far.

RosemaryMarie September 6, 2017 - 11:39 am

I’m glad about that, too. And you know what? I LOVE Matt and Blue together. It just seemed right. πŸ™‚

Jes2G September 6, 2017 - 2:46 pm

They are epic! I can’t wait to read more about them. I’m determined to get completely caught up this week while I have loads of time!

RosemaryMarie September 7, 2017 - 11:03 am

That is so awesome! Thank you so much! <3

notjustabook October 25, 2017 - 2:37 pm

Got a little emotional there, with Ruby finally forgiving her and all. It was about damn time, too. She was hurt and all, of course, but some of the things she said were just low.
And such a sweet wedding. My favourite part was the photo bombing horse πŸ˜€

RosemaryMarie October 27, 2017 - 9:54 pm

I agree about it being about time for Ruby. I definitely thought that if she didn’t do it then, it would only be harder for both her and Blue later. I’m so glad you liked the wedding. That horse was something else! Haha

oshizu584 October 17, 2018 - 6:46 pm

Alice has been such a great friend to Blue, not only willing to wait for Blue to ask Ruby first to be her maid-of-honor, but even contacting Ruby herself.
When this chapter started and I saw the dark-skinned female in the background, I actually felt goosebumps…could it be Ruby?! So glad that it was!

A charming wedding and Blue looked gorgeous in that dress. Agathe must have cried a little seeing Blue in that dress.
Caught a glimpse of Leonard and he really resembles his father, doesn’t he?
How wonderful that Blue’s family could all be there for her special day!
Bring on the nooboo(s)!!!

Kymber October 20, 2018 - 9:12 am

Thank you πŸ™‚ Alice has really turned out to be the kind of friend Blue needed. And there Ruby was! She came around because, as you said in your last comment, she has a big heart.

I’m glad you liked the wedding. I’m sure Agathe did cry seeing Blue in the dress.

I think Leo Jr. looks just like Leo, too!

Yes, bring on the nooboos! πŸ˜€

oshizu584 October 17, 2018 - 6:46 pm

Oh and Ruby looks stunning!

Kymber October 20, 2018 - 9:13 am

Thank you! I’ve always loved that girl. πŸ˜€

Booomcha.com uses cookies from Akismet to reduce spam. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Accept Learn More