Chapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than Cordial

by Kymber
47 comments

148190301018918
Dear J, I know the wedding isn’t until late this afternoon, but I’m a bag full of nerves right now, so there I am in my tux at the crack of dawn (with Aunt Keniesha’s husband Samuel, Dad, Tia’s husband Grant, and Josh), making sure everything is set up and ready to roll. Luckily, Rachel and my mom are whizzes at party planning, so everything looked really nice.
I had a few concerns, you see. The biggest priority was making certain Chrissy wouldn’t show up. Things have been really tense the past couple weeks since she came back to Hidden Springs. Blue has decided that for now, she doesn’t want to see her biological mother. Chrissy is having a rough time with that, but I’m far too preoccupied at the moment with the wedding and honeymoon arrangements to take the time to stroke her ego. My hope is that when Leela and I get back, we can sit down with Chrissy and make a productive plan of approach. For the time being, I’ve been paying for a fancy hotel room because the first one Chrissy had didn’t meet with her approval. Something about the amenities. You might be wondering why I would humor this situation at all and the reason is simple. I want to placate her until I get back from my trip so she won’t do anything stupid that involves Blue. Then we can really decide how this is going to be handled.
The second concern is Blue herself. She has been kind of distant with me which is incredibly unusual. In fact, if I had to narrow it down, I’d say she’s barely been more than cordial with me. I’m not sure what the exact problem is since she won’t talk to me about it, but it all began with Chrissy’s return. Leela thinks that maybe Blue needs some space since this was bound to upset her. I just hope Blue can put aside whatever it is that is bothering her and enjoy today. She and Ruby have both looked forward to this for so long.
Glancing nervously at Josh, I wondered aloud how he could be so calm and collected.
“It’s not my wedding,” he grinned at me.
“Relax, Kid,” my dad said as he adjusted his sleeve, “it’s going to be fine.”
Man, I sure hoped he was right.
I made Josh walk to the front with me to stand under the arch. How could I be so nervous when I’d spent a huge chunk of my life acting crazy on stage in front of thousands of people every night?
As if in a daze, I stared slack-jawed at all of the perfect white chairs. There were so many of them. Leela and I had wanted a rather quiet affair, but my family was so large, names kept getting added to the guest list. In the end, we decided to only invite family. We were hoping that if we kept it on the smaller side, the paparazziΒ wouldn’t find out about it.

The Guests:

Chapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than CordialChapter 2.24: Dear J, More Than Cordial

The Formal Bridal Photos:

As the music began to play, Ruby slowly began her timed march down the aisle. She was radiant in her yellow dress. In just a short time, she would be my daughter, too.
Then it was Blue’s turn. Despite her recent foul mood, it looked to me as if she was holding back tears. Our eyes met and she gave me a small, almost imperceptible smile. I winked at her and gave her a little smile back.
My throat began to constrict and I blinked away tears when I saw my beautiful bride on the arm of my father. I never thought I’d be so emotional, but the mere sight of her brought it out of me.
Well, I’ll stop writing for the next few pics because there isn’t much to say except that I was exceptionally proud yet at the same time left in stunned wonder that this woman I loved so much would agree to marry me.
When I saw how happy my dad was, my heart swelled with love and pride for him. I’d been a difficult child and a worse teen. But he raised me well and it made me so happy to know he was proud of me, too.
Blue and Ruby hopped around like little birds, squealing and laughing as they threw rice into the air.
That was when Ruby said something that made everyone laugh, including me and Leela, “Our parents are finally married!”
The sun was setting by the time we got the photos out of the way. The girls were tired, but looking at this picture, I can’t help but think that I have everything anyone could ever want.
While I was cutting the cake, Leela whispered, “Your hair is all one color.”
Grinning, I said, “You’re just now noticing?”
She laughed. “No, I would have said something earlier, but we were kind of busy!”
“Well, I thought it was time I grew up a little bit,” I said. “Hey, quit standing around! You’re supposed to cut the cake with me!”
As we fed our cake to one another, my family cheered us on. I love this picture.
From left to right: Ramona, Daylynn, Aunt Keniesha, Ruby, Grace Marie, Tia, Rachel and Blue.
Afterwards, we had our first dance. I concentrated very hard so I wouldn’t step on her toes. We danced to our favorite song, “Honey, Hold Me.” As the song played, I leaned my head in for a kiss, then softly sang the lyrics into her ear.
Eventually, others joined us on the dance floor.
I can only hope that when Leela and I are old, we will love and cherish each other the same way my parents still do.
The way they look into each others’ eyes even after all the heartache they’ve been through during their marriage… it makes me envious but determined to have the same kind of thing with Leela.
Aunt Keniesha and Samuel began to dance, too. Leave it to my aunt to do her moves a little differently than anyone else. I don’t care what anyone says, she still has it!
Finally, I got to dance with Mom.
“I’m so happy for you,” she said as we swayed to the music.
“Thanks, Mom. I’m so glad you and Dad could come. Thank you for taking the girls while we’re on our honeymoon.”
“It’s our pleasure, dear. We both want you to have a nice time while you’re away.”
As Dad danced with Leela, I goofed around with my moves. I just couldn’t help it! Mom laughed and gave me that tolerant “he’ll never change”Β look.
As the party died down and the sun began to come up, we decided it was finally time to say our goodbyes and get going on our trip. We were headed to a secluded house where we could hole up and just enjoy our time alone together.
Pulling Blue aside, I said, “Well, I guess we’re about ready to go.”
“Have a nice time, Daddy.”
Regarding her with caution, I said, “You know, you can always talk to me. I really wish you’d tell me what’s going on with you.”
Averting her eyes from mine, she stared at her feet. “Everything’s fine. I hope you and Leela have a good time.”
When I gave her a doubtful look, she added, “Really. Go. Have fun.”
“All right,” I said with a sigh. “Call me if you need anything and don’t give Grandpa and Grandma a hard time while you’re staying with them.”
With sudden tears in her eyes, she flew into my arms, hugging me tightly. “I love you, Daddy.”
“I love you, too,” I murmured, kissing her cheek.
It was with some reluctance that I left her. Something about the way she was acting didn’t sit right with me. But it was clear she wasn’t going to enlighten me. Perhaps Leela was right and I should just give her some space. I was sure that eventually, she would talk to me.
Finally, that afternoon, worn out but content, we arrived at our honeymoon destination.
Author’s Note: Well, Leo finally did it! πŸ™‚ I just wanted to mention that the honeymoon destination was created by Lil of Lil’s Creative Corner. You’ll see more of it in the next chapter.

47 comments

Welcome to booomcha.com, the home of Noble Doubt! – Noble Doubt December 17, 2016 - 10:06 am

[…] The Very BeginningΒ | Most Recent Entry […]

loladiamond01 December 17, 2016 - 10:23 am

Ouch, that was so sweet and very pleasant to read. Memphis and Keniesha grew old, too, it made me feel a bit nostalgic. Leela looked absolutely flawless as a bride and Leo wrote about it with so much affection. It all seemed too good to be true with some strange thing going on with Blue deep in the background. I sure hope it doesn’t destroy everything. Pictures were just beautiful.

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 10:33 am

Thank you, Jowita. πŸ™‚ I have to say that I felt very nostalgic about Memphis and Keniesha, too. I really love them and don’t know how I’ll cope when grimmie comes for them. In fact, I’m pushing that thought right out of my mind. lol I’m so glad you liked the wedding; sim weddings stress me out a little. haha Bee picked out the wedding dress because I just couldn’t figure out what I was doing. And Lil gave me suggestions on how to set up the venue. I’m really glad you enjoyed it. <3

loladiamond01 December 17, 2016 - 10:36 am

You have such good friends that always are there for you when you need help ❀️

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 10:45 am

I love you all πŸ™‚

bmitjessesue December 17, 2016 - 10:25 am

I could seriously blather on an on about how much I LOVE this chapter and I’m so glad it’s finally happened. But it would be shameless and full of tears! Is Blue going to do a runner? Cause that is how I feel at the end of this chapter, like you are setting us up for that. Oh by the way, I never noticed Leo’s hair till Leela said something. I was so involved in the wedding!

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 10:34 am

Thank you, Bee πŸ˜€ I’m so glad you like this chapter so much. I had the worst time trying to figure out what I was doing. lol Thank you for picking out Leela’s dress, btw. It was perfect for her! As for Blue, I can’t say, but she does seem deeply troubled about things. Hopefully nothing pushes her over the edge….

cathytea December 17, 2016 - 11:32 am

Gosh, this was really emotional to me! We’ve been with them as they’ve gone through so much , and now to see the wedding come through has me feeling tender !
The foreshadowing with Blue has me just a little worried !

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 11:41 am

Thank you, Cathy! πŸ™‚ I found this to be emotional, too, and am so glad you felt that way about the wedding. There are just six more chapters before Blue takes over and tells her story. All I can say is, your worrying is not unfounded. :O

lisabeesims December 17, 2016 - 12:46 pm

Awww so sweet .. and Blue yes it is possible to still cherish each other when you are elders … Cherish is a decision we make every day to treat our loved ones like they are of great value. Kid gloves not boxing gloves <3

RosemaryMarie December 21, 2016 - 11:25 am

Thank you, Lisa. I could have sworn I’d responded to your comment but it isn’t here. lol I love what you say about kid gloves instead of boxing gloves. πŸ™‚ I agree that to cherish is a decision we make every day. <3

katbagal December 17, 2016 - 2:19 pm

The pictures were gorgeous! I don’t know how you do it. I’m excited to see what happens on the honeymoon and what Blue hasn’t been telling Leo.

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 2:25 pm

Thank you, Kat! πŸ˜€ I’m glad you liked the pictures. The next chapter is entitled, “Dear J, How to Escape Your Vacation,” if that tells you anything. haha πŸ˜›

katbagal December 17, 2016 - 2:41 pm

Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good. I hope all is well though. Leo and Leela are such a good pair.

RosemaryMarie December 17, 2016 - 2:43 pm

LOL! No, I guess that doesn’t sound good, but perhaps it isn’t all bad. πŸ˜€ Thank you, I think they’re a good pair, too.

Marjorie Watts December 17, 2016 - 3:20 pm

Wow, talk about mixed emotions!!! I am so happy for Leo and Leela, saddened to see Keniesha and Memphis aging, and worried that Blue is getting ready to run away!! I didn’t notice Leo’s hair, either, until Leela mentioned it (however, being an ‘old lady’, he needs a haircut, too!) lol!! I sure do hope Chrissy keeps her distance, but then again, I am still hoping for world peace – about as likely to happen! =( I do see problem ahead, but I think Leo and Leela can handle it together. The pictures were beautiful, by the way!! β™₯

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:01 pm

Thank you, Marj! πŸ™‚ I totally understand what you’re talking about when you mention mixed emotions. I had the same thing going on. I’ll tell Leo he needs a haircut! LOL You never know about world peace, there is always hope. It might be a long time coming though. I think you’re right that Leo and Leela can handle it together. πŸ™‚

lilsapphire December 17, 2016 - 5:40 pm

Lovely wedding. So glad they finally got married. I do so hope Blue confides in her dad when he returns from the honeymoon

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:02 pm

Thank you, Lil. And thank you for the honeymoon venue. πŸ™‚ I’m really glad they finally got married, too. Blue should confide in her dad, but I’m not sure she’s ready to.

Violincat December 17, 2016 - 8:47 pm

I love the slideshows – they look like real-like wedding videos!
I’m glad these two were able to tie the knot without any unwelcome interruptions. That would’ve been sad.
I wonder what’s bugging Blue though. I hope Chrissy didn’t tell her any awful lies about her father.

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:06 pm

Thank you so much, Violincat πŸ™‚ I’m glad you liked the slideshows. I took so many pics that it was difficult to determine what should stay and what should go. lol I did end up chucking a lot of the photos out, but there were still just too many. I’m so glad that Leo and Leela tied the knot, too, without interruptions. Hopefully, we’ll get a better understanding of Blue in the near future. πŸ™‚

raymondsanti December 17, 2016 - 8:47 pm

This was a beautiful chapter! I really liked your idea of putting the pictures in a slideshow so it doesn’t take up as much room on the page. I’m glad they’re married now! Blue seems troubled, I hope nothing bad happens while Leo and Leela are away on honeymoon

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:07 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ Believe me, I’m so glad they’re married now, too. This wedding was stressing me out! haha Blue is troubled, that’s true. I’m not sure anything will happen while Leo and Leela are gone, but your concern is not unfounded.

Lila Remonn December 17, 2016 - 9:53 pm

Wow! The wedding was lovely <3 Leela, Ruby and Blue all looked so pretty. It was a bit of a shock to see Keneisha and Memphis so old, but I loved seeing the whole family again. I am glad the wedding went on without a hitch and no interruption from Chrissy.
I am increasingly worried about what Chrissy said to Blue, though…

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:09 pm

Thank you, Lila! πŸ™‚ I’m so glad you liked the wedding. I don’t think it’s as beautiful as what you have done with your Fall wedding. That was simply gorgeous. Anyway, I agree that it was shocking to see Memphis and Keniesha as elders. I’m going to be so sad when grimmie shows up. Your fear about Blue and what Chrissy may have told her is legitimate.

Judith December 18, 2016 - 6:29 am

Congratulations to the happy couple! I can’t wait to see the honeymoon destination. πŸ™‚

RosemaryMarie December 18, 2016 - 12:10 pm

Thank you so much, Judith. πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to post all about the honeymoon! πŸ˜€

fluffymao December 18, 2016 - 7:50 pm

A very sweet chapter with gorgeous pictures! ^_^ Leo’s quite the romantic, his words were adorable.
But what’s up with Blue? This should be a happy occasion! Don’t do anything stupid, Blue.

RosemaryMarie December 19, 2016 - 8:13 am

Thank you, fluffymao! πŸ™‚ That is sound advice you’re giving to Blue. I’m so glad you liked the wedding and Leo’s romantic side. πŸ˜€

shannynlee4 December 19, 2016 - 2:45 am

Amazing chapter! <3
I loved the slideshows! It was a very good idea to put the pictures into a slideshow because of how many wedding pictures there are!
Blue still is acting weird, and I only hope Chrissy didn't say anything to her to make her act this, but hopefully everything will work out in the end!

RosemaryMarie December 21, 2016 - 11:27 am

Thank you so much, shannynlee <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed the chapter and the slideshows. Blue is indeed acting unlike herself. I think it's safe to say that Chrissy is the source of her distress. Hopefully, as you say, it will all work out in the end. πŸ™‚

Fibijean December 21, 2016 - 12:07 am

Man, that took me by surprise. Not the wedding, just the fact that this was the most recent chapter! I thought I still had half a gen to go! There’s so much I would like to say, but I’ll save it for future comments. For now, know that I love your blog and your writing <3 Your characters are beautiful to look at and to read about, and I love the diversity of appearance and personality across your cast. I usually like to catch up before I follow a blog, so I'm officially following your story from now on. Keep it up! πŸ™‚

RosemaryMarie December 21, 2016 - 11:28 am

Thank you so much, Fibi! πŸ™‚ Your words are so kind, I appreciate what you say so much. I’m so glad you’re reading along. Thank you for the encouragement.

dandylion240 December 31, 2016 - 1:00 pm

Finally! Jumps around doing the happy dance. So glad Chrissy didn’t do anything to prevent the wedding from happening. Also that Leela didn’t back out as she’s been so wish you washy in the past. Blue poor girl. She really needs to talk to her dad or someone. I’m afraid she’s going to do something that she’s going to regret for a long time to come.

RosemaryMarie January 1, 2017 - 2:01 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ I think Leela has finally figured out what she wants and that happened to be Leo. Which is good because she is all he wanted, too. πŸ˜€ You are also so right about Blue. She does need to talk to Leo or someone and get everything out in the open. I think she wants to be a good kid but I also think she’s very dramatic. In future chapters, you’ll learn a lot more about her and why she is that way. πŸ™‚

joliesattic April 9, 2017 - 11:39 pm

Oh dear! I’m waiting for the other shoe to fall. Can’t this family have some peace? Lovely wedding and yes, Leela is obviously in the loop and that is wonderful! Great wedding. I spotted the hair right off wondering if he’d ever grow up and change it. No wonder paparazzi could always still find him, like duuuuh! Sometimes he isn’t the brightest crayon in the box, even though he’s got a good heart and is a good person. That clepty thing though still worries me.

RosemaryMarie April 10, 2017 - 9:12 am

lol Thank you. πŸ˜€ Yes, Leo does try but he isn’t always that aware. haha

Jes2G May 6, 2017 - 8:51 pm

Yay! Finally married! Blue makes me nervous.

RosemaryMarie May 7, 2017 - 8:58 pm

Thank you, Jes2G! Yes, finally married! πŸ˜€ Blue makes me nervous, too.

Rosie June 13, 2017 - 1:03 pm

Generation one is looking pretty fine as elders! πŸ˜‰ I think this is my favorite so far. It’s always so wonderful to see everyone together. I wonder what’s up with Blue, though! I mean, from the last chapter it’s obvious to tell she’s feeling the pressure of her father’s lifestyle, but it feels like there’s more. I’m determined to finish generation two today and move on to Blue!

RosemaryMarie June 13, 2017 - 6:42 pm

Thank you! I really liked how Gen 1 looked as elders, too. And I also loved seeing the whole family get together again.

sempreviva August 15, 2017 - 3:16 pm

Wow, the wedding was so beautiful!! Your pictures were really stunning!! <3
It was nice to see Memphis, Liev and Keniesha again, although it's always bittersweet to see characters you care about grow old…at least they all seem very happy!
I feel like Blue has something in her mind, something that bothers her maybe? …I wish I could figure out what it is!

RosemaryMarie August 16, 2017 - 11:36 am

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ I loved all of the characters getting together again, although, it was bittersweet for me, too. <3 You will find out about Blue very soon.

MM Simmerific August 25, 2017 - 12:58 am

Awww… lovely wedding! It’s so good to see the whole clan together. Such a treat. As for Blue… I’m scared. She isn’t gonna join some sort of cult is she? O_O

RosemaryMarie August 25, 2017 - 2:28 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed the wedding. I had so much fun putting this together. I missed all of the old characters a great deal.
Blue is a mess right now, but you will know soon. πŸ˜€

oshizu584 July 8, 2018 - 9:36 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I’m so glad that Leo’s parents and Keniesha wit Sam could attend as well.
It’s such a shock to see everyone as elders now.
I didn’t mean to take such a long break from this story. I see a long blank space after the “The Guests” and “The Formal Bridal Photos.” I kept returning to this page now and then to see if my browser is at fault.
Hehe, now I’m ready to continue reading Leo’s story. (What is Blue up to? I have a bad feeling…)

Kymber July 8, 2018 - 10:45 pm

Thank you so much! I just looked at the page you’re talking about and realized it is not your browser. I wrote this chapter when I was still on wordpress.com and those were slideshows of everyone. When I switched to a self-hosted site, I guess the slideshows didn’t transfer correctly. What a bummer but at least now you know it’s not your browser’s fault. lol

I’m so glad you’re back to see what happens with Leo and Blue. πŸ˜€

Your bad feeling is not unfounded. lol

Booomcha.com uses cookies from Akismet to reduce spam. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Accept Learn More