Chapter 1.1: Dear Diary, I’m Memphis

by Kymber
100 comments

ENTRY 1:

Hi! My name is Memphis Noble and this is my story so far. I really feel the need to write all of this down as it happens. It’s not that I think I’m so important. It’s just that I feel like someday I’ll have the answers that I’ve always searched for and it might be nice to look back at my old diaries and see how it all came about.

So you see, I’m not writing this for anyone in particular except for myself. If you happen to be reading this, and you’re expecting clever anecdotes or life lessons, I think you’ve come to the wrong place.

You may be wondering about the circumstances surrounding the beginning of this journal (diary just sounds so childish to me). Well, it happened like this… my sister and I were talking one night and, forever the person with suggestions, she said I should keep a log of sorts on the computer. She told me it would be therapeutic. That remains to be seen, though.

I thought once I sat down to do this, I wouldn’t even know what to write, but suddenly it’s crystal clear. I’m not going to go into deep detail about my past since I really want to write down the ridiculousness that was today. Suffice it to say that I was adopted. By a family of color. They thought they were adopting a baby of color but they got me instead; a skinny, freckled red-head. My sister was born into the family and she is the most gorgeous person I’ve ever seen, I kid you not. You’ll see soon enough because I’ll be adding pictures to this account.

Anyway, the Noble family was very kind and they decided to keep me. They treated me as they would any child and I loved my parents very dearly. They died about two years ago in an accident I’d rather not get into to if that’s all right with you.

This is where my sister Keniesha and I live. It looks like we’re loaded, doesn’t it? Well, we do all right, but we’re not swimming in dough. Our parents left us this house and a trust but we have normal jobs like everyone else. My sister is a police officer (she wants to be some big DNA Profiler someday). I work at the Bistro, on my way to becoming a chef. So far, I’m pretty far down on the ladder. But I only just graduated from High School.

This is Keniesha. What did I tell you? Gorgeous, right? She doesn’t have any of the obvious hang ups that I have. She’s the smart to my dumb, the pretty to my ugly, the “cool” to my “dork.” Also, she has boobs and I sadly don’t know what that’s even like.

Keniesha is always pointing her finger at me when I talk to her. Doing this always includes sentences like:

“You need to meet people.”

And:

“You’re not friendly enough.”

And:

“If you would stop spending so much time alone, you’d have so much fun!”

Generally, I have this expression while she’s yapping away at me like a little dog. I can’t help it. I can freely admit I’m not truly listening even though she seems to think I am. Today, my mind drifted to fishing. My dad and I used to fish all the time and I hadn’t gone since he died. I felt like today was the day that I could go and silently remember him as I tried to catch the big one.

It was early evening when I finally got to our favorite spot to fish. Dad always had at least one good catch out here each time we went. Mostly, though, we stood in silence, our poles in the water. He knew how shy I was and he was a quiet person himself. It was good, though. We could enjoy each others’ company without any conversation at all. I remember looking up at him while I put the worm on my hook. He always smiled at me. And boy, could his smile light up the room!

I was so intent on watching the water and thinking about my dad that I didn’t realize some guy was approaching me from behind.

“Hey there!” he said, about making me jump out of my skin.

I tried to hide the annoyance I felt but I knew it was stubbornly showing all over my face. “Hi,” I responded stiffly.

“I didn’t mean to bother you,” he continued uncertainly. “I’m looking for my dog. I think he ran this way.”

“Well, I haven’t seen any dogs.”

His expression, on the other hand, could only be read as bewildered. I silently admonished myself for my rudeness but I couldn’t seem to force myself to articulate an apology to him, so the bewildered look continued.

“I’m Liev Capra,” he offered.

I hesitated then finally answered, “Memphis Noble.”

He smiled slightly. I was used to it. “Memphis?”

I tried to smile, but it was difficult for me and I knew I wasn’t able to pull it off like I intended. “I’m told I was conceived there.”

He began to laugh but stopped abruptly when he noticed my prickly demeanor. I swear I don’t mean to be this way. I am at such a loss when it comes to people!

“I’m a musician. Would you like to hear me play my guitar?”

I love music so much. I should have said yes. Why couldn’t I just say a simple, one syllable word? Instead, I stared at my feet. At least I hadn’t done the dorkiest thing ever; at least I hadn’t said no!

But I may as well have.

“You know, I don’t even have a freakin’ dog! I just saw you and really wanted to meet you. But to be honest, you’re so pretty, I felt really intimidated. Not anymore, though!”

My mouth gaped open stupidly and my cheeks turned bright red as he turned on his heel and strode away.

I sighed loudly and looked up at the sky. Another one bites the dust.

My night was made complete when I got home and Keniesha met me inside the door. She made me tell her every embarrassing detail. At least she didn’t point her finger at me.

“Seriously?” she asked.

I nodded dumbly. “Uh huh.”

She pulled me into her arms. Her skin was damp from the swimming pool. But I didn’t complain. I needed that just then.

“Oh my poor socially awkward sister,” she murmured before letting me go. Then she patted me on the shoulder.

I take that part back about needing a hug.

100 comments

Lila Remonn January 17, 2016 - 3:37 am

Hi, Rosemary! 🙂
I have to be honest here… this Sims story is the cutest one I’ve seen in a long time, just about as adorable as Memphis! The diary (or journal :-P) is a really nice idea and I also like your style of writing.
That was a great start to your story. I am excited to see what happens with Memphis and Liev next (he is quite cute).

RosemaryMarie January 17, 2016 - 10:38 am

Thank you so much! I hadn’t any idea it would be read so quickly! Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. It means so much to me! 🙂

bmitjessesue January 17, 2016 - 10:38 pm

I love how different it sounds from your last blog! Looking forward to more!

bmitjessesue January 17, 2016 - 10:39 pm

I forgot to say how much I love the look of the sims!

RosemaryMarie January 17, 2016 - 10:41 pm

Thank you so much, Jesse! It means so much to me that you are reading and like it. 🙂

babay_j January 18, 2016 - 1:47 am

Hi Kymber! I was heading to bed (again!), and stopped on my page to say goodnight. I saw then, that you had started this darling story! I love your sims, the are all gorgeous, and the story premise is very original, as is poor Memphis! It will make a very interesting tale to see unfold! Congratz on a great beginning! ♥

RosemaryMarie January 18, 2016 - 8:56 am

Thank you so much for stopping by! Thank you also for your kind words and for reading!

iamciane January 19, 2016 - 10:36 am

I love the story so far… Memphis and your writing style.

RosemaryMarie January 19, 2016 - 10:38 am

Thank you so much!

Michele January 21, 2016 - 9:28 pm

Interesting…let’s hear more!

RosemaryMarie January 21, 2016 - 9:32 pm

You’ve got it, Michele! 🙂 Thanks so much for reading! Chapter 1.2 will be published on Saturday.

Echo Weaver February 8, 2016 - 10:18 am

I just dropped in, and I love your style. Looks like this is a pretty new story, so I should be able to catch up on all of it!

RosemaryMarie February 8, 2016 - 10:43 am

Welcome! And thank you! I hope you enjoy! 🙂

Sims Lyfe March 23, 2016 - 9:43 pm

This story is aweSim so far!! I’m super excited to read more. You are a great writer!!

RosemaryMarie March 23, 2016 - 11:48 pm

Wow! Thank you so much! I’m so glad you peeked in and commented, too! 🙂 I hope you’ll continue to enjoy the story. 😀

Moon in Capricorn April 7, 2016 - 7:26 am

Hi! Just found your blog this morning. Very nice! I’ve added it to my “Sim Blogs” page at Jonathan Chronicles. I hope you’ll drop by and visit.

RosemaryMarie April 7, 2016 - 7:34 am

Thank you! I’m pleased to meet you and hope you will continue to enjoy Memphis’ story. Your blog looks great! I can’t wait to dig in and read. 🙂

Moon in Capricorn April 7, 2016 - 7:36 am

Are you on the Sim Forum? My forum name is “NoWayJose527”. It’s great to meet you!

RosemaryMarie April 7, 2016 - 9:09 am

I’m on the forum but not really active there; I think I’ve only ever made 2 comments. lol But I’m RosemaryMariee there. I was having log in problems at one time and when I talked to customer service, they added the extra “e” on the end. 😛 And it’s good to meet you, too!

Michele April 23, 2016 - 9:56 pm

Hi, Ro: Since my vision is back to normal, I thought I’d start to read your new story again and of course I have a few more comments: Why would I be reading Memphis’ journal? How did I come across it? Liev’s an unusual name also, so why’d he question her name?! Memphis may want to throw him back into the ocean! I like the surprised look on her face when Liev admits to just wanting to meet her…but then he walks off! I guess I will have to read on…!

RosemaryMarie April 24, 2016 - 8:24 am

Hi, Michele! So glad you’re reading! As for ow you come across Memphis’ journal will be revealed in the future. 🙂 I hope you like my story. Thank you for coming by and commenting, too. 🙂

dandylion240 April 28, 2016 - 8:38 pm

I saw you followed my blog. Thank you very much 😊 So I decided to check yours out. I like the diary idea. Plus I could feel how painfully awkward and shy Memphis truly is. Poor girl! I hope she meets him again. I’m off to read the next chapter!

RosemaryMarie April 29, 2016 - 7:29 am

Thank you so much! I had come across your blog some time ago but didn’t realize I wasn’t following it until recently. I”m so glad I am because I’m really enjoying it! Thank you again for reading and commenting, too. 🙂

shannynlee4 June 20, 2016 - 9:30 am

Hi, I came to check out your blog. Hopefully I can catch up before generation 2. Nice chapter! Can see Memphis is a little socially awkward without intending to be, hopefully she can become less so.

RosemaryMarie June 20, 2016 - 9:49 am

Hi! Thanks so much for checking out Memphis’ story! I’m so glad you did. I like yours a lot. 🙂

Shannon SimsFan July 6, 2016 - 1:11 pm

Oooh, love their house, on the beach!

RosemaryMarie July 6, 2016 - 1:20 pm

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you stopped by! 🙂

socallucyfan July 10, 2016 - 7:27 pm

Poor Memphis. I can relate to the awkward dorkiness.

RosemaryMarie July 10, 2016 - 8:16 pm

Yes, I can, too. lol Thank you so much for reading and commenting. 🙂

Jes2G September 6, 2016 - 4:53 pm

He he, “Also, she has boobs and I sadly don’t know what that’s even like.” So cute. This sounds like a really great story! Definitely a different concept. Looking forward to reading more!

RosemaryMarie September 6, 2016 - 7:11 pm

Hello and thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you’ll enjoy more. 🙂

Marjorie Watts September 7, 2016 - 12:27 am

It’s a great story, and I am sure you will enjoy it a lot!!

RosemaryMarie September 7, 2016 - 9:56 am

Thank you so much, Marj! 🙂

thymelesslegacies September 12, 2016 - 3:54 pm

I love what you’ve done with the screenshots! These two seem really interesting people, I’m looking forward to seeing more of their lives 🙂

RosemaryMarie September 12, 2016 - 3:55 pm

Thank you so much! 🙂 I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

hafuhga December 8, 2016 - 4:41 pm

All wonderful! The sisters, the story and your pics!

RosemaryMarie December 8, 2016 - 6:47 pm

Thank you so much! I’ve been reading on your blog, too, and thought the same thing! Good to meet you! I hope you enjoy the story. 😀

mariasjostrand February 4, 2017 - 5:00 pm

Oh, Memphis is adorable 🙂

RosemaryMarie February 4, 2017 - 5:55 pm

Thank you so much 🙂 And thank you for reading

joliesattic March 1, 2017 - 1:23 pm

It looks like you’re far along. I like what I’ve read so far. Good work.

RosemaryMarie March 1, 2017 - 3:57 pm

Thank you so much! I’m so pleased you like it. 🙂

adwayweb.wordpress.com March 5, 2017 - 7:26 pm

Good blog you have got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days.

I seriously appreciate people like you! Take care!!

RosemaryMarie March 6, 2017 - 9:10 am

Thank you so much for your kind words. 🙂 You take care also.

princess writer April 6, 2017 - 11:59 am

oh cool!. I can guess that memphis and the guy with the guitar will get along…it will be so sweet..can’t wait to read the next one!

RosemaryMarie April 7, 2017 - 12:02 pm

lol Perhaps they’ll get along, or perhaps she will meet someone else. 😀

princess writer April 8, 2017 - 12:54 am

lol

princess writer April 6, 2017 - 12:01 pm

hey guys, am princess writer. I would be very glad if you could check me at https//:princesswritter.wordpress.com. follow this link please when visiting.Don’t follow the name on top of the comment please.

lovesstorms April 11, 2017 - 10:23 pm

Hi! So, I finally am reading your story. I’m so sorry it’s taken so long. I think I started reading it before but got sidetracked. No real surprise there. Anyway, it’ll be a pleasure to read. 🙂

RosemaryMarie April 12, 2017 - 9:15 am

Hello! 🙂 I’m so glad you’ve decided to read. Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy it.

semprevivasims3 May 17, 2017 - 2:35 pm

Memphis is really cute and her sister is gorgeous too! I really hope she’ll meet that boy again. 🙂

RosemaryMarie May 17, 2017 - 5:14 pm

Hello and thank you so much! 🙂 I hope she meets him again, too.

semprevivasims3 May 18, 2017 - 5:02 am

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! https://semprevivasims3.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/the-liebster-award/ I hope I’ll soon catch up with your story, I’m sure it’s great 🙂

RosemaryMarie May 18, 2017 - 7:57 am

Wow! Thank you so much! <3 I'm so glad you like what you've read. 🙂

MM Simmerific August 12, 2017 - 6:21 am

Awww… She’s so adorable. I think what really struck me with this chapter is how well you characterize. It’s not like you explain the characters to us. Definitely more like a show, not tell type of thing. And I’m just one chapter in and I’m already loving Memphis’ voice. I can tell this is going to be a good read.

RosemaryMarie August 12, 2017 - 9:12 am

Awww thank you so much! 🙂 I’m so glad you like it and your words are so kind. <3

snazzle August 23, 2017 - 11:59 pm

Just found my way here. These two ladies are BOTH gorgeous and I can’t wait to read more about the exploits of this family.

RosemaryMarie August 24, 2017 - 8:24 am

Hello! It’s wonderful to meet you! I’m so glad you found your way here! Thank you for your kind words. I hope you will enjoy the story. 🙂

amyqueen October 10, 2017 - 3:21 pm

It’s long overdue, but I’m finally here at the beginning of what I’m sure will be a wonderful story (given that I’ve already peeked at several chapters down the line, hehe) 🙂 You pick the most unique names for your sims; the origin of Memphis’ name was quite amusing. Also, everyone is so attractive (I find Keniesha’s hair particularly amazing)~ I could relate to Memphis’ social awkwardness at the start, and even more so when she wasn’t able to get a word out, haha. It happens to the best of us sometimes. Looking forward to seeing more of her story, great start!

RosemaryMarie October 12, 2017 - 11:29 pm

That’s so awesome, Amy! Thank you so much for reading. 🙂 OMG, I really love Keniesha’s hair, too! haha Oh I agree that that social awkwardness happens to the best of us. I know I’ve had many moments. lol

snoutsimlit November 5, 2017 - 11:16 pm

Memphis is gorgeous! I relate to her because I am a little socially awkward myself.. Very well written.

RosemaryMarie November 6, 2017 - 10:29 am

Thank you so much! 🙂 If only she knew that she wasn’t some kind of ugly duckling. 🙂 I appreciate your kind words.

sterndernacht December 3, 2017 - 5:34 am

Hi RosemaryMarie,
your sims Memphis Noble and her sis Keniesha are so beautiful. But most at all I love the way you attract inside your story with your vivid writing style. It feels so real ….

RosemaryMarie December 3, 2017 - 10:24 am

Hello and thank you! 🙂 I appreciate what you’ve said so much and am so glad you are enjoying it. I hope you find the rest of the story just as entertaining. <3

SimmeraldOtter January 18, 2018 - 2:25 am

Hello! I’ve heard so many good things about your story, so I’ve decided to check it out, and I’m happy I did so!
This looks so cute >.< The framing, your sims, your writing, your characters personalities, everythinggggg! Sorry, I'm gushing, hehe.
I can relate to Memphis, I'm just as socially awkward, and I've been told how cold I seem when someone first meets me. I'm just not a social person, people! I really like how you have a journal format, and it really does seem like Memphis is really writing! Can't wait to find out more about her, I'm excited to read on 🙂

RosemaryMarie January 18, 2018 - 12:21 pm

Thank you so much! 🙂 I’m so happy you’ve stopped by and I’m so glad you like what you’re seeing. I hope you will continue to enjoy the story.

As for Memphis, I’m so glad you can relate to her. When I made her, it just seemed to me she would be that way if she could really talk. 🙂

countrygirlcruises January 30, 2018 - 9:49 am

Good morning, that is such an awesome way to write with sims. I can’t wait to read more. Thank you.

RosemaryMarie January 30, 2018 - 3:08 pm

Hello and thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. 🙂

oshizu584 February 13, 2018 - 12:41 am

I am very belatedly starting to read your Noble Doubt Legacy story, but it’s exciting to think of just how much I can look forward to catch up on.
Keiesha is so gorgeous that I almost wish she was the main character, hehe.
I will be reading slowly and surely. Thank you for sharing. :D.

RosemaryMarie February 13, 2018 - 12:48 pm

Thank you so much! You are very kind. 🙂 I will tell you a secret. After I got into the story, I kind of regretted that Keniesha wasn’t our main gal, too. LOL 😀

Thank you again, and I hope you will enjoy the story.

toinspireus April 11, 2018 - 9:34 pm

Hi! Kymber, you have an amazing blog. You are also very talented in your writings as well as the photography. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do on my readings here. I hope I started in the right place.

RosemaryMarie April 11, 2018 - 9:48 pm

Well, hello there! It’s wonderful to see you! Thank you so much for your kind words; I really appreciate it. <3 And, yes, you started in the exact right spot! Thank you again, and I hope you enjoy the story.

toinspireus April 11, 2018 - 10:54 pm

I finally had to stop and become more engaged. I am restructuring a schedule so I can be productive. I write goals and somehow get all over the place. I deeply apologize for my slow processes. I am trying to get things in order & maintain discipline

RosemaryMarie April 11, 2018 - 11:17 pm

You needn’t apologize. <3 I understand how things can get. As for writing myself notes, I sometimes have to write more notes, reminding me where my notes are! hahaha :D I wish you the very best in all you do.

toinspireus April 12, 2018 - 7:11 pm

Thanks so much! I will get it together. One day at a time

RosemaryMarie April 12, 2018 - 7:26 pm

I do one day at a time, too. 😀 Rome wasn’t built in a day, right? <3

toinspireus April 15, 2018 - 3:22 pm

Exactly! Are your diaries from real life stories?

Kymber April 15, 2018 - 8:51 pm

Well, most of the events are made up by me, but some of the things here and there that happen did happen to me. 🙂

toinspireus April 15, 2018 - 9:10 pm

It is so amazing to make up these chapters as well as incorporate real life challenges for your audience! & its so hard to take your eyes off those photos. They are well thought out. You are so talented!

Kymber April 15, 2018 - 9:13 pm

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. <3 It's a labor of love. I can't tell you how inspirational I find your blog to be. Every time I see something new from you in the reader, I can't wait to see what you've posted. The positive affirmations are especially important to remember.

toinspireus April 15, 2018 - 9:28 pm

Wow! I am just at a lost of words. I always question myself, but I am pretty sure we all do. This reply alone is inspiration at its best for me. I recently did some research on categories & tags because my post were not showing up in the reader. I went back through 150 (+) of my posts & fixed them. I have gotten some awesome responses. So I want to give my thanks for the anticipation of my daily post. I am deeply touched.

Kymber April 18, 2018 - 8:04 am

That is awesome. It’s a lot of work, blogging and I commend you for all your hard work.

toinspireus April 19, 2018 - 6:38 pm

Thanks so much Kymber! How are you today?

Kymber April 19, 2018 - 7:11 pm

I was a bit under the weather for the past few days, but feeling so much better today, thank you. <3 How are you today?

toinspireus April 19, 2018 - 9:02 pm

It is so good to hear that you are feeling so much better. The weather does have a mind of its own. I am blessed & grateful! I have to admit I did not want to go to my job today, but after I stretched & got my coffee I flowed through the day. I have to work this Saturday & will be here on my blog catching up.

Kymber April 21, 2018 - 9:24 am

You are so right about the weather! LOL I’m ready for Spring but apparently, Michigan isn’t. 😛

There are some days where going to work is the last thing you want to do but I think it’s great how your mindset changed after stretching and coffee. I hope you have a good day today! 🙂

simoulder (@simoulderslit) June 4, 2018 - 8:25 am

Hi! I’m very new to SimLit and I’m soo happy that I found you and your blog here! I’m very very late to this and I’m definitely gonna binge read this. Not even half of the chapter and I was already giggling with the boob comment XD. I’m so used to reading third-person writings and reading yours is just refreshing especially since I’m writing my own little sims stories in first person. I’m glad I found an amazing example of it!

Kymber June 5, 2018 - 7:31 am

Thank you so much for your kind words. If you ever need anything, let me know; I’ll always help if I can.

I’m so happy you found my blog, too! 😀 You are really kind and I thank you. I hope you will continue to enjoy my story. <3

I actually find it easier to write in the third person, so in doing the first person, it’s a challenge. In third person, you can check in with your characters. In first person, you only see one character’s point of view. 🙂

sweetnightingale August 29, 2018 - 6:30 pm

I love the journal entry concept. Poor Memphis seems to have some self esteem issues. She sure got off on the wrong foot with Leiv. Maybe it’ll go better the next time if they run into each other again.

Kymber August 29, 2018 - 9:41 pm

Thank you so much. ;D We can hope so. LOL Memphis is so awkward. haha

blossomsims October 27, 2018 - 4:15 pm

This is going to be interesting! I don’t typically read sims 3 stories, but I am enjoying it and can’t wait to see where Memphis’s story takes her.

Kymber October 27, 2018 - 7:54 pm

Thank you so much for giving my story a read. I totally understand why some people don’t read sims 3 stories. What happened was, I didn’t get into sims until 2014. It was a few months before sims 4 came out but I knew basically nothing. My son thought I would like sims and so I bought it. Of course, I loved it. Then, months later, 4 came out. I didn’t buy it at first because I was still buying all sims 3 stuff. And that’s why my stories are in 3. Someday, I will probably move to telling my stories in 4 since I now have that game, too. 😀 I had already started this story in 3 though. I do love 4’s graphics. 😀

Again, I hope you like Memphis’ story and thanks loads for reading! 🙂

blossomsims October 27, 2018 - 9:11 pm

Ok, I’m glad you understand lol 🙂 I just really like sims 4 graphics better, so I typically don’t read sims 3 ones. I just got sims 4 in December, actually, I’m too young to have played the other versions, but I played freeplay on my iPad for a while!

Kymber October 28, 2018 - 4:37 am

I’ve never played freeplay but I think a lot of people do. 😀

Stormy December 12, 2018 - 3:08 pm

I’ve been reading sporadically throughout the generations, but I’ve never actually sat down and read from the beginning. I’m going to start today. The beginning of this is very intriguing and I love her name! <3

Kymber December 12, 2018 - 4:19 pm

That’s so nice of you, Stormy! Thank you so much. ❌⭕ I’m so glad you like the beginning. I hope the rest of the story will be enjoyable for you as well. 16