Chapter 1.22: Dear Diary, Teens & Trouble

Entry 22:

The days have flown by yet again! Liev was busy instructing Leo and Jilly in their piano lessons while Keniesha and I visited in the living room.
I was so happy that Keniesha and her girls stopped by more often now. They still lived in the city, which we didn’t get to very often.
“Those two are really getting good on the piano, just like their daddy,” Keniesha enthused.
“Leo seems to enjoy it more than Jilly.”
There was a long, pregnant pause. I could tell Keniesha wanted to say something, but it seemed as if it was taking a great deal of effort for her to articulate it.
“Sis, what is it?” Dread began to build in my stomach, holding it in an uncomfortable grip.
“I wanted to tell you that, well,” she paused again.
“For heavens sake, spit it out.”
Did she have tears in her eyes?
“I wanted to say how truly sorry I am about the rift between us. It never should have happened. Instead of blaming you for something that wasn’t your fault, I should have just told you what was really bothering me.”
“You don’t have to say this. We’ve discussed my postpartum depression and the strange way Mango was acting.”
“I know,” she said. “But as your older sister, I just wanted you to know how much I love and treasure you in my life and I wanted to promise you that I’d never let anything come between us again.”
Her words brought tears to my eyes. She never was able to confide in me and I wanted to be there for her, too. I took her hand and squeezed it. We didn’t have to say anything else. We both knew what the other was thinking.

Journal, because Leo and Jilly will be teens very soon, I wanted to take a moment and remember them as they are now.
These are some photos I have of them playing. Someday, I want them to look at these and remember all the good times they had together. The same way I remember the childhood I had with Keniesha…

And here we are. It’s birthday time and I’m not sure I’m ready to let them be teenagers. Yet, it’s going to happen anyway as soon as they blow out their candles.
We decided they should have a pool party.
Leo was first, with goggles still on.
We cheered and laughed.
Then it was Jilly’s moment in the spotlight. She was also still wearing her swim goggles.
My boy has grown into a young man.
And my oldest girl a young lady.
And both of them will always be precious to me.
How unfortunate it is that we can’t see around corners, though…

2016-04-30T10:05:00+00:00

1. SweetPoyzin April 30, 2016 at 11:45 am - Reply

I love how the kids look so much like Memphis! Wow! Cute chapter. I’ll be sad when Beanie grows up but alas, kiddos don’t seem to care what parents think!

• RosemaryMarie April 30, 2016 at 11:49 am - Reply

Thank you, SweetP! πŸ˜€ This is true, although I can’t wait to see what Beanie looks like! πŸ˜€

2. Marjorie Watts April 30, 2016 at 1:53 pm - Reply

There were times when I wished my kids could grow up more quickly, but now I realize it was really way too fast!! I am so glad they don’t age up like our sims do!! The kids turned out really cute, and I love the fact they both have the green eyes. =)

• RosemaryMarie April 30, 2016 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Thank you, Marj! πŸ™‚ Did you see Chapter 1.21 just before this? I published it for real this time and now it has text! lol πŸ˜€ Thank you again!

3. lisabeesims April 30, 2016 at 2:10 pm - Reply

awww sweet story .. love the tape on the pics πŸ™‚

• RosemaryMarie April 30, 2016 at 2:21 pm - Reply

I’m so glad you like the pics. I wanted it to look like a scrapbook. πŸ˜€ Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! πŸ™‚

4. Lila Remonn April 30, 2016 at 4:04 pm - Reply

Wow, Leo looks so much like Memphis! If you made him into a girl he would probably look exactly like her lol. I love Jilly’s outfit by the way, it’s very cute.
    That last line does not bode well…

• RosemaryMarie April 30, 2016 at 4:27 pm - Reply

Doesn’t he, though? I thought the same thing; that he looked like a male version of Memphis. πŸ˜€ Thank you very much for reading, Lila, and for your feedback, too. πŸ™‚ I appreciate it.

5. Kater Creation April 30, 2016 at 7:02 pm - Reply

Jilly reminds me of Silver from 90210.
    Beautiful Sims!!

• RosemaryMarie May 1, 2016 at 7:38 am - Reply

What a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much. I feel like I can’t take credit for her, though, since she was born in game and I didn’t change any of her features. lol πŸ™‚ But thank you again! πŸ™‚

6. bmitjessesue May 1, 2016 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Your pics are just so nice. I love love love the kids. Can’t wait now for the toddlers to grow to kids!

• RosemaryMarie May 1, 2016 at 6:59 pm - Reply

Thank you so much, Jesse! I’m so happy you like the story and the characters. Thank you also for leaving feedback! πŸ™‚

7. Michele May 1, 2016 at 9:02 pm - Reply

I thought I had caught up! Apparently not!! The adults have aged nicely and the older kids have turned out to be good looking teens! It will be interesting to see what happens next!

• RosemaryMarie May 2, 2016 at 7:12 am - Reply

Thank you, Michele, for reading and commenting! πŸ™‚

8. Echo Weaver May 11, 2016 at 10:20 pm - Reply

Gah! It felt like Kenisha wanted to say more. And now your foreshadowing has gotten heavier!
    Leo looks almost exactly like Memphis, but Jilly is a great combination of genes!

9. L. I Johnson May 23, 2016 at 1:04 pm - Reply

This is the cutest blog I have seen on WordPress since I learned about it way back in 2012. I love the Sims and so I love everything about this, This story is so cute and awesome! BTW thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a like πŸ™‚ I’ve followed you and I hope you’ll follow me back too πŸ™‚ I don’t write about sim characters but I do have my own bitstrip characters I’ve made and I’ve made a story surrounding them just like you do for your sims. If you wouldn’t mind I’d love it if you would check it out and tell me what you think of it being as though you’re a fellow story writer just like me. Anyway keep up the fantastic work! πŸ™‚

• RosemaryMarie May 23, 2016 at 2:18 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for stopping by, following and leaving feedback, too! And thank you also for your kind words. πŸ™‚ It means a lot. You know, I thought I had followed your blog when I was there, but upon checking back, realized I hadn’t. So, now I am! πŸ˜€ Your blog is very nice! I can’t wait to dig in! Thank you again, you are so kind. πŸ™‚

• L. I Johnson May 24, 2016 at 12:10 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for the follow back πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to dig in to your stories I absolutely adore the snapshot photos!

10. cathytea August 10, 2016 at 11:22 am - Reply

What beautiful teens !

11. Jes2G September 13, 2016 at 9:48 pm - Reply

OMG! They are gorgeous teen! Especially Leo πŸ™‚ Another sweet chapter!

12. thymelesslegacies September 22, 2016 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Awww he does look like Memphis! And Jilly is so pretty πŸ˜€ The conversation between the sisters was really touching.

13. Shannon SimsFan January 16, 2017 at 10:02 pm - Reply

You know, another book I read said something along the lines of , it is a blessing we can’t see over the horizon. It lets us enjoy what we have to be thankful for now. I thank that was actually in Out of Africa.

• RosemaryMarie January 17, 2017 at 8:21 am - Reply

That is truly beautiful. I’m so glad you wrote that here. πŸ™‚

14. lilsapphire February 4, 2017 at 10:02 pm - Reply

OMG Leo looks just like his mother

15. MM Simmerific August 17, 2017 at 1:37 am - Reply

Dundundun… What an ominous last line. Twins are gorgeous though!

16. amyqueen December 8, 2017 at 7:06 pm - Reply

What is this ominous tone being set for these last two chapters?… hmmm
    On a much lighter note, Leo and Jilly aged beautifully! πŸ˜€

• RosemaryMarie December 9, 2017 at 7:14 am - Reply

Thank you! <3 Oh, the ominous tone… I don't know what you mean. πŸ˜›
      *stares at sky and whistles innocently*

17. oshizu584 March 27, 2018 at 2:21 pm - Reply

Leo and Jilly aged up into such beautiful teens! I agree with everyone that Leo favors Memphis alot.
    Looking forward to learn how the siblings’ relationship shift in their teen years.

• RosemaryMarie March 28, 2018 at 10:25 am - Reply

Thank you so much. πŸ™‚ I remember being so excited to see them grow up. <3

18. sweetnightingale September 12, 2018 at 1:31 pm - Reply

Such a cute chapter! Jilly and Leo look great and I look forward to seeing what they get up to. It sounds like trouble is brewing though.

• Kymber September 12, 2018 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Thank you! πŸ™‚ You just might be right about trouble brewing…

Hi, my name is Kymber but you may know me by my pseudonym, Rosemary Castevet. I’m an author, simmer, Registered Nurse, Judy Garland devoteeΒ and horror buff. Did I mention I’m currently owned by Cesare the cat? On top of all of that, I’m a redheaded INFJ who is also a vegan.

Privacy & Cookies: Booomcha.com uses cookies to improve your user experience. If you continue browsing, we assume that you consent to our use of cookies. Close & Accept