Six Long Days

Hi, everyone! This is just a brief update to let you all know that my power was out for six days, so I’m behind on comments and also on reading stories and articles in my reader. But I will get to this as soon as I can. The power has only been back on for about an hour, so I thought I would explain where I’ve been.

The storm that knocked my power out also affected about 2.2 million other Michiganders. At one point, after the initial knockout, DTE Energy said that they were still getting as many as 4,000+ calls an hour from people who had lost power. I can’t imagine the mess they faced as they worked around the clock, 24/7, in inclement weather and bitterly cold temperatures to get us all back. I literally cried when our power was restored and I amΒ very grateful for their hard work.
Tonight, I’m also feeling very thankful that even though we didn’t have electricity, heat or water, we had a roof over our heads and the ability to charge our phones in the car. No matter what the situation is, it could definitely be worse. I’m overwhelmed with relief that we are restored, but also praying that those that still are without power will have it soon.
Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who read my last chapter, clicked that like button and/or commented. I do appreciate your participation. You guys are the best!
Take care,
rm-handwriting
P.S. If you need a pick me up in your day, here is my favorite Judy Garland gif. πŸ˜€ It always cheers me up.
giphy

2018-03-23T20:09:21+00:00

No Comments

1. lisabeesims March 13, 2017 at 11:15 pm - Reply

Being a native Michigander I understand

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 9:50 am - Reply

I bet you do! lol πŸ˜€

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Are you guys back under it today are you getting test for that big blizzard at all

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 1:54 pm - Reply

It’s been snowing here the past couple days and supposed to snow more on Friday and Saturday. Are you guys expecting a blizzard?

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Thankfully not us. We get so little snow up here in the Pacific Northwest that it’s always shocking. But my family all lives on the East Coast and seven Michigan in the east coasters are settling in for a big one they’re canceling tons of flights out of there.

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Oh wow! That sounds like a doozy of a storm! I’d better look at the weather reports more closely. lol

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I had to crack up the governor of Massachusetts says stay home and make soup LOL

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 2:15 pm

LOL! Yes, you know there’ something happening if the governor says that! lol

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 2:49 pm

My hubby hates soup but I’d be like but dear the governor says we have to have it … I love soup

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 2:57 pm

I love it, too! And I would say the exact same thing! Hahahaha πŸ˜€

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Ahh we Michigander soup levers need to stick together. LOL

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Yes, we sure do! πŸ™‚ Wish I had some good soup now. πŸ˜€

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Well considering that I babysat very late last night so I don’t wish to have hubby drama I don’t to be on my menu tonight LOL he’s such a poor neglected man my Bob pancakes

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 5:41 pm

LOLOL πŸ˜€ I know what you mean. Half of our household is vegan and half is not, so that is a struggle all of its own. πŸ˜›

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Oh my that would make for a cooking challenge … I spent years as an ovo lacto vegetarian but had to give that up with the kids they weren’t into it

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 5:46 pm

I can understand that. πŸ™‚ My son and I basically fix our own stuff and my husband and daughter make theirs. So, I guess it works out in the end.

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Which side are the vegans

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 5:49 pm

My son and I are. πŸ˜€

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Nice I can relate … well except for cheese LOL

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Hahaha! Some things are hard to stop eating at first, but eventually, the taste buds are kind of what I’d call retrained. But I’d always been a veggie person naturally. I can see how giving up something like that would be really hard.

• lisabeesims March 14, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I too am a veggie person. My hubby was not when we married and he tolerates them now

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 6:20 pm

My hubby needs to learn that veggies are gooooood! lolol πŸ˜€

2. chealsycat March 14, 2017 at 5:23 am - Reply

Take care, dear Rosemary, and be safe! <3

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 9:50 am - Reply

Thank you so much, chealsycat! <3 And thank you also for your likes and retweets on Twitter. You are so sweet to me. <3

3. babay_j March 14, 2017 at 12:21 pm - Reply

I commented on my Kindle, and it didn’t go through! =( So, I commented on the story board and it did, this morning! Anyway, I am glad you are safe, and you were always in our thoughts and prayers…lotsa hugs, and welcome back to Simland! =) β™₯

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 12:23 pm - Reply

Thank you, Marj. It’s so good to be back, let me tell ya’! lol Sending you lots of hugs, too. <3

4. loladiamond01 March 14, 2017 at 12:56 pm - Reply

I am so glad you are back now and more importantly, all safe πŸ™‚ Lots of hugs your way.

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 1:08 pm - Reply

Thank you so much, Jowita πŸ™‚ It’s good to be back. Sending you lots of hugs, too. <3

5. fluffymao March 14, 2017 at 7:03 pm - Reply

Glad you’re doing good and welcome back!
    Power outages are no fun, but they can be necessary. Sometimes something will trigger a surge on part of the grid, forcing the power company to shut down other (not very obviously related) sections to reduce the chance of more dangerous surges and electrical fires. It’s actually a very delicate thing to balance, a power grid. If not properly accounted for, something as simple as plugging in an electric car could cause a cascading failure.

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 7:08 pm - Reply

Yes, I could see how that is possible. Thank you for your well wishes and the welcome back. I can’t tell you how glad I am. πŸ™‚ And it’s good to see you. πŸ™‚

6. fluffymao March 14, 2017 at 7:04 pm - Reply

BTWs, that gif is amazing! XD

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 7:11 pm - Reply

I think so, too. <3 I wish I knew who made it. I think it might've been ohmygarlands on Tumblr, but I'm not sure about that. She does some amazing Judy stuff. πŸ˜€

7. greencatssims March 14, 2017 at 9:02 pm - Reply

Oh goodness, that must have been frightening! Poor you. Thank goodness you have your power back now, and I hope that all your neighbours soon will have too xx

• RosemaryMarie March 14, 2017 at 9:57 pm - Reply

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ It was aggravating, that was for sure, but I also felt bad for the people working so hard in the freezing cold to get us back up and running. πŸ™‚ Thank you again. xoxo

Hi, my name is Kymber but you may know me by my pseudonym, Rosemary Castevet. I’m an author, simmer, Registered Nurse, Judy Garland devoteeΒ and horror buff. Did I mention I’m currently owned by Cesare the cat? On top of all of that, I’m a redheaded INFJ who is also a vegan.