I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jerri Perri and so I would like to thank him for bringing sunshine to my day!
Not long ago, Jerri graciously agreed to be interviewed (you can find that HERE). His writing has inspired me and made me think more deeply about things than I did before.
I hope you will take the time, if you haven’t already, to check his blog out as he is one of my favorite writers.
What is it? The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Jerri’s Questions to Me:
1. What is your pet(nick) name and how did you come about it? My daughter calls me “Meatball” because I’m vegan. She thinks it’s funny and I have to admit, it does make me laugh. 😀 ❤
2. When is your happiest moment? My happiest moment is when my family are all home and we’re chatting, playing games or eating together.
3. When was your first date and how did you act? My first date was when I was about 15 and a boy took me to the school dance. I was pretty nervous and quiet. It was so awkward. lol
4. Have you ever experienced heartbreak? If yes, describe how you felt. I have experienced many heartbreaks in my life. The most horrible was so devastating, I would rather not go into it but someone I trusted with all my heart betrayed me in the worst way you can imagine. It felt unbelievable as I hadn’t realized how cruel this person could really be.
5. How many times will you want to fall in love? Why? I don’t know if there is a set amount of times, but I am married to my soulmate, one of my oldest friends and I love him dearly. I cannot imagine loving another.
6. Will you want to get married? Why? I’m married now and it is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. He is quick to love and slow to anger. He’s a terrific man who treats me well and he’s a really good father, too.
7. What is your highest ambition? Hmmm… I’m between ambitions right now. LOL Just kidding. I would really like to continue to improve my writing and create the best possible stories I can.
8. Describe in 5-10 lines the experience of your first holiday without parents or siblings. My first holiday without my parents or siblings was over Thanksgiving one year. I went to Florida (Anna Maria Island on the gulf coast). I was 19 or 20 and it was an amazing time of reflection with beaches as far as the eye could see. It was my first time seeing the ocean and I couldn’t believe how crystal clear and blue it was. One morning, as I took a walk, I was amazed at all the jellyfish that were washed ashore. It was an incredible experience.
9. Do you like dancing? Why? I love to dance but sadly, am not good at it as I’m a very clumsy person. LOL Even so, there is just something really freeing about letting yourself go and being in the moment.
10. Are you proud of the person you are, or would you rather be another? I’m very proud of the person I am. I was once lost as I tried to bend to the will of another until I was no longer myself. Once out of that situation, I gained independence and came back into my own.
11. Do you have any regrets? If yes what are they? If no, how did you do it? I don’t have any regrets. Everything that has happened to me has made me the person I am now. It also makes me a better writer. There is nothing can be done about the past except to learn from it.
My Nominees* (check these awesome blogs out!):
(*I chose to nominate the first 11 blogs in my reader)
Rainy Dayz Games
The Antone Legacy
Emma Cownie Artist
Livin’ a Simmin’ Life
Hands in the Garden
Cathy Tea’s SimLit Anthology
My Name is Jamie. My Life in Prison
My Questions for Nominees to Answer:
1. When did you mess everything up, but no one ever found out it was you?
2. If you had a boat, what would you name it?
3. What fictional character would be really boring to meet in real life?
4. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
5. What job would you be terrible at?
6. What skill would you like to master?
7. What do you wish you knew more about?
8. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
9. What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
10. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
11. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?
Once again, all my thanks to Jerri for this lovely award!
Updated January 4, 2018: I was also nominated by Lila Remonn! Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award! Lila writes The Kingston Legacy and it is ah-maz-ing!
- Which of your characters can you relate most to, and why? I don’t have a specific character that I relate more to than the others as there is a little bit of me in each one I’ve created. And then I also have characters (like Keniesha) that I wish I was more like.
- How often do you work on your story? I write nearly every day. If I’m not in game getting pics and playing or writing a chapter, I’m keeping up my notebooks where I have outlines, story ideas and a few things like that. I also tend to work on my site, tweaking here and there, a lot.
- What is your favourite genre of simlit? I like pretty much any genre of SimLit – I just love to read and follow almost every sims blog I see. I think there are some really great stories out there waiting to be discovered.
- Is there a personal tip for story writing that you might like to share? I enjoy writing but I wouldn’t presume to be so proficient as to offer advice. What I can say is that the more you write, the better you get. ❤
- What kind of protagonists do you like the most? My favorite type of protagonist has a backstory that causes them to make decisions (good or bad). No matter what they do, because I understand their backstory, I understand why they may act or react a certain way. I love to love characters! Chances are, I’ll become strongly invested in a story if the protagonist isn’t perfect – if they make mistakes that seem reasonable – mistakes that anyone might make. Flawed characters are the best, in my opinion. No one is perfect. No one is 100% good or bad. I want to feel something when I think of a character.
Thank you so much again, Lila!
Update January 15, 2018: TinyPiglet of The Mendoza ISBI also nominated me! I love this story, so please check it out!
- Do you have a favourite sim couple from your story/challenge? I think my very favorite couple is Blue and Matt. Well, that was before. Now, I think, it’s Xalen and Marty. lol
- How long do you spend working on each chapter? That depends on what I’m trying to do. If you take the time from getting pics and game play in to writing and editing a chapter, I’d say it takes several days of work.
- What’s your favourite colour? Yellow is my very favorite but I tend to gravitate toward warm, Autumn colors.
- What made you start blogging? More like, “who” made me. hahaha It was Bee’s idea!
- What is your favourite moment from your story/challenge? I really loved the Mango mystery and how it turned out. It was so hard to wait all that time for the big finish, but I think in the end, it was worth it.
- Do you have a character in your story you regret killing off? I think everyone would agree when I say Jilly.
- What is the hardest thing about writing? I think the hardest thing about writing is staying in character. I can write the best sentence of dialogue or inner dialogue but if it doesn’t sound like that character, I have to hit delete.
Thank you again so much, TinyPiglet! I loved the responses to your questions – especially the one of that sim that wouldn’t age up! LOLOL