Chapter 1.22: Dear Diary, Teens & Trouble

Memphis and Keniesha have a heart to heart while Leo and Jilly have a birthday.

Entry 22:

The days have flown by yet again! Liev was busy instructing Leo and Jilly in their piano lessons while Keniesha and I visited in the living room.

I was so happy that Keniesha and her girls stopped by more often now. They still lived in the city, which we didn’t get to very often.

“Those two are really getting good on the piano, just like their daddy,” Keniesha enthused.

“Leo seems to enjoy it more than Jilly.”

There was a long, pregnant pause. I could tell Keniesha wanted to say something, but it seemed as if it was taking a great deal of effort for her to articulate it.

“Sis, what is it?” Dread began to build in my stomach, holding it in an uncomfortable grip.

“I wanted to tell you that, well,” she paused again.

“For heavens sake, spit it out.”

Did she have tears in her eyes?

“I wanted to say how truly sorry I am about the rift between us. It never should have happened. Instead of blaming you for something that wasn’t your fault, I should have just told you what was really bothering me.”

“You don’t have to say this. We’ve discussed my postpartum depression and the strange way Mango was acting.”

“I know,” she said. “But as your older sister, I just wanted you to know how much I love and treasure you in my life and I wanted to promise you that I’d never let anything come between us again.”

Her words brought tears to my eyes. She never was able to confide in me and I wanted to be there for her, too. I took her hand and squeezed it. We didn’t have to say anything else. We both knew what the other was thinking.

Journal, because Leo and Jilly will be teens very soon, I wanted to take a moment and remember them as they are now.

These are some photos I have of them playing. Someday, I want them to look at these and remember all the good times they had together. The same way I remember the childhood I had with Keniesha…

And here we are. It’s birthday time and I’m not sure I’m ready to let them be teenagers. Yet, it’s going to happen anyway as soon as they blow out their candles.

We decided they should have a pool party.

Leo was first, with goggles still on.

We cheered and laughed.

Then it was Jilly’s moment in the spotlight. She was also still wearing her swim goggles.

My boy has grown into a young man.

And my oldest girl a young lady.

And both of them will always be precious to me.

How unfortunate it is that we can’t see around corners, though…

1. I love how the kids look so much like Memphis! Wow! Cute chapter. I’ll be sad when Beanie grows up but alas, kiddos don’t seem to care what parents think!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, SweetP! πŸ˜€ This is true, although I can’t wait to see what Beanie looks like! πŸ˜€

2. Marjorie Watts April 30, 2016 at 1:53 pm

There were times when I wished my kids could grow up more quickly, but now I realize it was really way too fast!! I am so glad they don’t age up like our sims do!! The kids turned out really cute, and I love the fact they both have the green eyes. =)

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you, Marj! πŸ™‚ Did you see Chapter 1.21 just before this? I published it for real this time and now it has text! lol πŸ˜€ Thank you again!

3. awww sweet story .. love the tape on the pics πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m so glad you like the pics. I wanted it to look like a scrapbook. πŸ˜€ Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! πŸ™‚

4. Wow, Leo looks so much like Memphis! If you made him into a girl he would probably look exactly like her lol. I love Jilly’s outfit by the way, it’s very cute.
    That last line does not bode well…

Liked by 1 person

1. Doesn’t he, though? I thought the same thing; that he looked like a male version of Memphis. πŸ˜€ Thank you very much for reading, Lila, and for your feedback, too. πŸ™‚ I appreciate it.

Liked by 1 person

5. Jilly reminds me of Silver from 90210.

Beautiful Sims!!

Liked by 1 person

1. What a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much. I feel like I can’t take credit for her, though, since she was born in game and I didn’t change any of her features. lol πŸ™‚ But thank you again! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

6. Your pics are just so nice. I love love love the kids. Can’t wait now for the toddlers to grow to kids!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much, Jesse! I’m so happy you like the story and the characters. Thank you also for leaving feedback! πŸ™‚

7. I thought I had caught up! Apparently not!! The adults have aged nicely and the older kids have turned out to be good looking teens! It will be interesting to see what happens next!

1. Thank you, Michele, for reading and commenting! πŸ™‚

8. Gah! It felt like Kenisha wanted to say more. And now your foreshadowing has gotten heavier!

Leo looks almost exactly like Memphis, but Jilly is a great combination of genes!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you, Echo! πŸ™‚

9. This is the cutest blog I have seen on WordPress since I learned about it way back in 2012. I love the Sims and so I love everything about this, This story is so cute and awesome! BTW thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a like πŸ™‚ I’ve followed you and I hope you’ll follow me back too πŸ™‚ I don’t write about sim characters but I do have my own bitstrip characters I’ve made and I’ve made a story surrounding them just like you do for your sims. If you wouldn’t mind I’d love it if you would check it out and tell me what you think of it being as though you’re a fellow story writer just like me. Anyway keep up the fantastic work! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much for stopping by, following and leaving feedback, too! And thank you also for your kind words. πŸ™‚ It means a lot. You know, I thought I had followed your blog when I was there, but upon checking back, realized I hadn’t. So, now I am! πŸ˜€ Your blog is very nice! I can’t wait to dig in! Thank you again, you are so kind. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much for the follow back πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to dig in to your stories I absolutely adore the snapshot photos!

1. Thank you again. πŸ˜€

10. What beautiful teens !

Liked by 1 person

11. OMG! They are gorgeous teen! Especially Leo πŸ™‚ Another sweet chapter!

1. Thank you so much. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

12. Awww he does look like Memphis! And Jilly is so pretty πŸ˜€ The conversation between the sisters was really touching.

1. Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

13. You know, another book I read said something along the lines of , it is a blessing we can’t see over the horizon. It lets us enjoy what we have to be thankful for now. I thank that was actually in Out of Africa.

1. That is truly beautiful. I’m so glad you wrote that here. πŸ™‚

14. OMG Leo looks just like his mother

1. I thought so, too! πŸ˜€

15. Dundundun… What an ominous last line. Twins are gorgeous though!

1. Thank you! πŸ™‚ ❀

16. What is this ominous tone being set for these last two chapters?… hmmm
    On a much lighter note, Leo and Jilly aged beautifully! πŸ˜€

1. Thank you! ❀ Oh, the ominous tone… I don't know what you mean. πŸ˜›

*stares at sky and whistles innocently*

Liked by 1 person

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s