Chapter 1.9: Dear Diary, I Do (Pt. 2)

Wedding nuptials are on the horizon. Memphis has a lot of photos!

Entry 9:

Keniesha and I planned what we thought was a pretty decent ceremony for our wedding nuptials. It would have been perfect except that we fought like cats and dogs disagreed on just a few things. But more about that later.

This was our last day as single ladies. Did we have a huge bachelorette party in store for us? Not exactly. See, we didn’t know anyone in Storybrook yet. Luckily, Reverend Prucher was able to come to town to perform the double ceremony. With the money from the sale of the house, we were able to put him in a nice hotel while he was here and also pay for the entire wedding.

Nope. No parties for us. Instead, we were going to hang out and then go to the spa for our hair and nail appointments.

We sat on the grass of our new yard and reminisced about old times with mom and dad. We had so much fun as children. I really hope my kids will have as good a childhood as I did.

“I can’t believe that tomorrow I’ll be a missus,” Keniesha said. She didn’t say “Mrs. Mango” because she wasn’t doing any of that traditional taking the husband’s name thing. She said she did not want to be referred to as a fruit.

“What is Mango’s first name, anyway?” I asked. “Every time I ask him, the subject changes.”

“All right,” she said with a conspiratorial tone, “I’ll tell you. But you can’t say a word to anyone. It’ll be hard to keep it to yourself because it’s so ridiculous!”

I crossed my heart and swore to die.

“His name is …, ” she paused then for effect so I knew this would be good… or bad, depending on how you looked at it, “Harry.”

OMG. That’s just wrong. I bit my lower lip as I tried not to laugh but it didn’t work very well. “Harr-y Mang-o.” I let the sound of each syllable flow over me before erupting into hysterical laughter. “I mean, who does that to their kid?”

“Right?” she readily agreed.

We held our stomachs, gasping for air.

“I’ll never look at him the same way again,” I said with mock seriousness.

“Tomorrow, I’ll be Mrs. Memphis Capra,” I gushed.

Keniesha shielded her eyes from the sun with her hand. “I was wondering if you wanted to start going by your real name now? Your birth name. I mean, you’re kind of starting a new chapter to your life. It might be a good time if it’s what you want.”

I thought for a minute then shook my head. “I don’t feel like a ‘Grace Marie Day’ really. Memphis is kind of a silly name, but it’s mine.” I looked closer at her. If I didn’t know her better, I’d think she was suddenly getting all sentimental on me. “Are you crying?”

She impatiently swiped at her eyes and said, “I’m not crying, you are!”

We both laughed again.

Glancing at her watch, she stood, brushing the grass off her behind. “I love you, Sis.” She squeezed me so tight, I could barely breathe.

“I love you, too.” I closed my eyes as I realized that soon, both our lives would change forever. I found this sensation to be both exciting and nauseating.

“Let’s get going.”

We hugged again and headed out for our beauty appointments.

Wait until you see our transformations…

imageedit_85_6158397786

Reverend Prucher was looking as spiffy as ever as he waited under the arch for the procession to begin. Seeing his familiar and encouraging smile is what got me through this without fainting or having a coronary.

I mentioned earlier that Keniesha and I didn’t exactly see eye to eye on everything. Let’s just say there was a lot of compromising. Most of it was trying to figure out which aspects were more important to whom. For example, I wanted a formal wedding and Keniesha didn’t. She was just as happy, she said, to go to the Justice of the Peace. If she had to go more traditional, she wanted plum while I wanted pink.

The compromise: a traditional plum ceremony.

By the way, these are good friends of Liev’s, Roger and Patricia Snowden. I’m getting to know them now, too, and I like them a lot.

Doesn’t Roger look terrified, though? I wonder what he was thinking about?

These are the adorable Snowden twins Stephen and Samantha. They did a beautiful job! I hope my future children are as adorable and well behaved as these two.

Keniesha was radiant, of course. I’m so glad we did a double ceremony even if I did have to bargain on some things.

(That reminds me… She wanted a gown that showed off that fabulous body of hers. Why wouldn’t she? She also wanted us to wear matching gowns. It may have worked except that she was determined to wear a strapless one. It took a lot to convince her that I didn’t even come close to possessing what’s needed to hold a dress like that up!)

So, she wore a stunning strapless gown that showed off her curves. I wore a more traditional dress that, while it hugged me a little bit in the hips, it didn’t require voluptuousness to hold it up.

We did have matching floor length veils and long white gloves. But Keniesha kept putting them on and taking them off. She just couldn’t decide if she wanted to wear them or not. She ended up not.

She’s so beautiful. And Harry Mango cleans up pretty well, too, I reckon.

Then it was our turn for the walk down the aisle. Although I couldn’t pull off the strapless gown Keniesha was wearing, I was really pleased with the one I picked out. I liked how it fit me because it made me feel like I had curves even when I don’t.

As we walked down the aisle, I couldn’t stop glancing at Liev. But that was okay, I guess, because every time I looked at him, he was looking at me, too.

“You’re beautiful,” He whispered.

He’s said that to me before, of course, but this time, I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I blushed. That made him smile at me again.

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a happier day in my life.

Here are the rest of the pictures…

20 22

All in all, we Noble girls had the wedding of both our dreams.

wedding pics

1. Beautiful pictures and lovely gowns! I am glad Memphis stuck with “Memphis”. I suits her very well! Yay…now the fun begins!! =D

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you for the compliments, babay! I’m glad she is staying “Memphis,” too. 🙂 Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

2. That was the sweetest chapter yet! I loved the double wedding, both brides were so beautiful! That name though, Harry Mango XD

Liked by 1 person

1. LOL Right? It was going to be something different but my mom said, “Name him Harry!” And you know, you gotta do what mama says! 😀 Thanks for reading and commenting.

Liked by 1 person

2. Hey, Raymond! I have a question for you but I couldn’t find a contact form for you on your blog. Would you mind terribly emailing me through my contact form? 😀 Thank you in advance!

Liked by 1 person

3. Both brides are beautiful! I’m glad that she kept Memphis as it suits her more than Grace Marie… probably because we all know her as Memphis.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I worked on this wedding forever, it seems! lol 🙂 I am glad she’s still “Memphis,” too. I can’t wait to reveal the fun stuff in store! Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

Liked by 1 person

4. Yay! That was such a cute wedding, Keniesha and Memphis looked so lovely.
    A great chapter as always~

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much, Lila! I’m so glad you stopped by to read and comment! Means a lot to me! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Pics are perfect! and off we go……

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I’m so glad you stopped by; it just wasn’t the same around here without you. 😀

6. I wonder if Memphis will ever realize how beautiful she is!

Liked by 1 person

1. Good question! 😀 Thank you for reading and commenting!

7. Moon in Capricorn April 20, 2016 at 2:46 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I never have fancy weddings because I can’t coordinate all the actions and people. You’ve done a fantastic job. I’m guessing that both couples will have very enjoyable honeymoons…and then the adventures of married life will begin. On a personal note, I still don’t have my chocolate chip cookies made. I don’t have quite enough chips to do it. When I go grocery shopping I’m thinking of getting both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips and mixing them together for the cookies.

I’ll be back to read more as time allows!

Liked by 2 people

1. To be honest, when I try to coordinate weddings or birthday parties, they never seem to work out. lol This took a lot of work and I still missed some great shots during the ceremony because i was trying to make sure the ceremony actually happened. It was my first double wedding, too. 😛 White and semi-sweet? together? In the same cookie? You are a genius! 😀 Thank you for stopping by and providing feedback, as well. 😀

Liked by 1 person

8. Beautiful! And there were pink flowers! I loved the photos of the wedding!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much, Michele!

9. Sooo cute! The pic of the girls together really shows you the difference in their bust size 😉 🙂 . I can’t stand strapless dresses myself, even though I have no shortage of bust. I shopped all over for a dress with sleeves. I’m with Memphis on this one.

I just LOVE weddings. They’re one of my favorite things to do in Sims. Perfect.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much, Echo! I love the Sims weddings, too, but I usually mess them up. hahaha Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

10. Amazing wedding pictures! They all looked very nice! Great chapter!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you very much! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

11. The wedding photos were beautiful! 🙂 And I love that they came to a happy compromise.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you! 🙂 It was a lot of work (weddings often don’t go my way lol) but it was a lot of fun, too.

Liked by 1 person

12. I am amazed at the gorgeous pictures you got of the wedding. The dresses were so beautiful, and Keneisha and Memphis were both radiant. They both have such beautiful skintones

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, Shannon! 🙂 Your words are so kind and sweet. This wedding had me nervous as big events don’t usually tend to go well in game for me. lol 😛

Liked by 1 person

1. Especially for Sims 3 weddings I felt lucky to get the sims married. But I don’t have much experience with them either. It is difficult to get everyone there in the clothes you want, get pictures of the event, and get posed pictures. Your posed ones are really good too.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh, that is so, so true! lol I always get anxious when I have to have an event. haha Thank you again. 😀

13. The double wedding was a terrific idea of you. Both Memphis and Keniesha looked wonderful and up their own style. I loved the wedding very much. 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! 🙂 I’m so glad you loved the wedding. I was a bit nervous about it, but thought it turned out fine. 😀

Liked by 1 person

14. All I can do is sigh such a lovely ceremony. I am sure both girls will have a wonderful happy interesting lives

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, Lil. 🙂 This was my first ever posed wedding, so I was quite nervous. I’m glad you thought it was lovely.

Liked by 1 person

15. Both Memphis and Keniesha are gorgeous!! But the grooms are looking good too! 😉 I love the wedding pictures! ❤

1. Thank you! 😀 Sim weddings always stress me out so I’m glad you like it. 😀

Liked by 1 person

16. Awesome ceremony! The brides are so beautiful!

1. Thank you so much, chealsycat ❤

Liked by 1 person

17. So so lovely! Can’t wait for how the nooboos will look! ❤ Just realized how slim Memphis is when I saw her wearing her gown. She's quite lithe!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, she would call herself scrawny, so the way you put it was much nicer. lol

18. Awe they are so beautiful in their wedding photos! 😭😫 I know I’m REALLY behind in this story since I just found it but I plan to read all of it and catch up! 🤗

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much! You are so sweet. ❤ I hope you enjoy the story.

19. The wedding shots were sooooooo lovely ❤
    I love the extra long veils, and you can definitely see the different figures the two sisters have when they stand side by side in their different dresses like that XD But they both looked so pretty~
    On to the next chapter!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much. ❤ It was the first wedding I'd ever put together with poses and it was so much fun. I wanted it to be really special since the sisters were so close.

Liked by 1 person

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s